Teenage girl, 14, airlifted to hospital with “serious injuries” after crash on Dunmow Road
- Credit: Archant
A 14-year-old girl was airlifted to hospital with serious injuries after a crash this morning (October 3) in Felsted.
Emergency services were called at around 7.35am with reports of a collision involving a white tipper van and a red Vauxhall Corsa on the B1256 Dunmow Road, near Exhibit House.
The Vauxhall driver, a woman, was taken to hospital with serious injuries and a 14-year-old girl who was a passenger in the car was flewn to hospital in an air ambulance.
The van driver, a 46-year-old man, was arrested on suspicion of causing serious injury by dangerous driving.
A section of the road has been closed while enquiries continue and drivers are asked to find alternative routes.
You may also want to watch:
Essex Police are appealing for witnesses who saw the collision to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 01245 240590 or email CollisionAppeal@essex.pnn.police.uk.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Former Felsted schoolboy who broke back twice wins Tokyo bronze
- 3 Essex BMX star wins Olympic gold
- 4 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 5 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 6 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 7 Uttlesford action against speeding and anti-social behaviour
- 8 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 9 Dog whose owner moved away without her is featured on TV
- 10 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park