Teenage girl, 14, airlifted to hospital with “serious injuries” after crash on Dunmow Road
- Credit: Archant
A 14-year-old girl was airlifted to hospital with serious injuries after a crash this morning (October 3) in Felsted.
Emergency services were called at around 7.35am with reports of a collision involving a white tipper van and a red Vauxhall Corsa on the B1256 Dunmow Road, near Exhibit House.
The Vauxhall driver, a woman, was taken to hospital with serious injuries and a 14-year-old girl who was a passenger in the car was flewn to hospital in an air ambulance.
The van driver, a 46-year-old man, was arrested on suspicion of causing serious injury by dangerous driving.
A section of the road has been closed while enquiries continue and drivers are asked to find alternative routes.
You may also want to watch:
Essex Police are appealing for witnesses who saw the collision to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 01245 240590 or email CollisionAppeal@essex.pnn.police.uk.
- 1 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 2 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 3 Lionel the Giant Perch is 'the perfect addition'
- 4 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail
- 5 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 6 Lockdown easing: 'Shop abuse will not be tolerated'
- 7 They're record breakers! Self-test attracts worldwide support
- 8 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 9 Dunmow businesses delighted to be back as lockdown eases
- 10 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan