Come along to teddy bear picnic in Dunmow this Saturday to celebrate opening of new public space
- Credit: Archant
Families are invited to a teddy bear’s picnic in Dunmow on Saturday.
The free event is celebrating the official opening of a Castleden Meadow, a new open space for the town, and will run from 2-5pm.
After the official opening, led by Dunmow mayor Councillor Emma Marcus, there will be a treasure hunt for young people, a scavenger hunt for all guests, a teddy bear throwing competition and a teddy bear show, where some lucky owners will leave with prizes.
Cllr Marcus said: "I am so looking forward to the formal opening of Castleden Meadow. Don't forget to bring along all of your teddy bears, your picnic and your sun cream."
Visitors to the town can access Castleden Meadow via Newton Hall Chase and guests can park on Parsonage Downs. Directions to the event will be displayed on the day.
You may also want to watch:
The day will raise money for the charities Kids Inspire and Diabetes UK.
- 1 Holidaymakers fly abroad again out of Stansted Airport
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 Broomfield nurse still struggling with Covid-19 after effects
- 4 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 5 Hoarding can cause higher risk of fire, says emergency service
- 6 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 7 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 8 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 9 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 10 New cycle network consultation announced