Come along to teddy bear picnic in Dunmow this Saturday to celebrate opening of new public space
- Credit: Archant
Families are invited to a teddy bear’s picnic in Dunmow on Saturday.
The free event is celebrating the official opening of a Castleden Meadow, a new open space for the town, and will run from 2-5pm.
After the official opening, led by Dunmow mayor Councillor Emma Marcus, there will be a treasure hunt for young people, a scavenger hunt for all guests, a teddy bear throwing competition and a teddy bear show, where some lucky owners will leave with prizes.
Cllr Marcus said: "I am so looking forward to the formal opening of Castleden Meadow. Don't forget to bring along all of your teddy bears, your picnic and your sun cream."
Visitors to the town can access Castleden Meadow via Newton Hall Chase and guests can park on Parsonage Downs. Directions to the event will be displayed on the day.
You may also want to watch:
The day will raise money for the charities Kids Inspire and Diabetes UK.
- 1 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 2 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 3 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 4 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 5 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 6 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 7 This week's paper: Dunmow Broadcast on July 22, 2021
- 8 Coronavirus rates in Essex are doubling every 10 days
- 9 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 10 Countess of Warwick's Show set for 2021 return