Teacher recruitment event as enquiries soar
A ONE-DAY teacher recruitment event is being held at the Radisson Hotel, Stansted Airport from 10am to 5pm tomorrow (Saturday April 25). The event comes on the back of a poll, carried out by the Training and Development Agency for Schools, suggesting that
A ONE-DAY teacher recruitment event is being held at the Radisson Hotel, Stansted Airport from 10am to 5pm tomorrow (Saturday April 25).
The event comes on the back of a poll, carried out by the Training and Development Agency for Schools, suggesting that enquiries for teacher training in Essex are up by 97 per cent.
The day is aimed at helping attendees convert their interest into action and get ahead of the growing competition for places.
Teachers will be on hand to share their own experiences about what life is like in the classrooms of today, while a range of seminars will run throughout the day, giving advice on things such as routes into teaching, how to make a successful ITT application, what happens on a PGCE course, and employment-based teacher training routes.
Chief executive of the TDA, Graham Holley, said: "Teaching is an increasingly popular career choice for those seeking a fresh opportunity - and that certainly is the case in Essex.
"During these challenging economic times, teaching offers a competitive salary and job security, coupled with great opportunities for progression.
- 1 Plan to ease congestion at M11 junction 8 gets underway
- 2 Barnston Res pick up vital win while Dunmow impress against Daggers
- 3 Great Dunmow man jailed for 14 years
- 4 New Broomfield Hospital garden to boost patients' wellbeing
- 5 A look back: the fun times in Wethersfield remembered
- 6 Suspected crowbar assault leaves Stansted driver with serious injuries
- 7 Firefighters rescue curious cat from Great Notley drainpipe
- 8 Matt leads a breaktime recital at Felsted School
- 9 Road building not the answer to Essex's transport woes, says campaigner
- 10 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
"This Train to Teach event is the ideal chance for those interested in teaching to come along to find out more."
Entrance to Train to Teach is free, although prior registration is advised to guarantee fast-track entry.
To register, visit www.teach.gov.uk/traintoteach