Talented young actors going with a Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!
A GROUP of enthusiastic actors-in-the-making performed their own fantastic version of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang – less than a week after starting the production completely from scratch. The group entered The Arts Centre in Dunmow on Monday morning without h
A GROUP of enthusiastic actors-in-the-making performed their own fantastic version of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang - less than a week after starting the production completely from scratch.
The group entered The Arts Centre in Dunmow on Monday morning without having had an audition or knowing a script.
By 4pm on Friday they were performing the classic tale in front of friends, family and visitors after putting together their own script, costumes and scenery.
Delighted director Mikki Rom said: "It was a great week. The children worked so hard and they played so many parts each.
You may also want to watch:
"They danced, sang and acted - and really proved themselves to be great little actors.
"It was a brilliant team effort and the audience certainly enjoyed the final performance."
- 1 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 2 Dunmow Cricket Club announces new sponsor
- 3 Garden of remembrance opens, part funded by Captain Sir Tom Moore fund
- 4 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 5 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
- 6 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 7 Dunmow sign writer's traditional skills are a hit
- 8 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 9 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 10 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
The production was just one of a five week-long offering of action-packed activities at the Haslers Lane facility.
The Arts Centre also runs events throughout the year. For more information call 01371 878020.