Takeley travel agent shortlisted for national award
- Credit: Archant
A travel agent who has been called The Wedding Angel because she specialises in honeymoons, has been nominated for a prestigious industry award.
Rebbeca Kingston from Takely, and her business partner, Lindsay Everett from Cheshunt, set up Dress in Love, the Bridal and Honeymoon Boutique based in Hertford, last September.
Rebbeca arranges individual honeymoons specially created for each couple and Lindsay sells the dresses, specially created for the bride – so both are tailor made. Rebbeca also creates family holidays “family moons” and “mini moons” for people who just want a short break.
Now Rebbeca has been nominated for a Travel Trade Gazette award. The tourist industry’s trade magazine has invited her to a ceremony at the Lyceum Theatre in London’s West End on September 28 when the winners will be announced, followed by an after-party at The Savoy.
Rebbeca is competing with seven others for the title of Travel Agent of the Year in the home-working category. Overall, there were 36,000 entrants for the awards, which are judged by experts within the travel industry and are regarded as the Blue Riband of the travel industry.
You may also want to watch:
Rebbeca and Lindsay set up the business after Rebbeca’s twin boy and girl were born early weighing only a pound each. They were in intensive care for seven months and once they were out of hospital, Rebbeca needed a career which she would work around looking after her children.
She said she didn’t know who had nominated her for the award.
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 3 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 4 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 6 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 7 Coronavirus rates in Essex are doubling every 10 days
- 8 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 9 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 10 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
“I’m offering a service no one has offered before and we have received some great feedback. Because my office is at home, people can phone me at weekends and on Sundays. But I still couldn’t believe I had been put forward for this award. I saw the email and I read it about five times.”
Rebbeca, who also writes for several wedding magazines as a travel expert has been nominated for her ability to match her clients with the right honeymoon and her ability to planning a wedding abroad from start to finish without the need for an overseas wedding planner. One of her clients named her The Wedding Angel.
As reported by The Broadcast, in May, Rebbeca and Lindsay reached the semi-finals of another competition for entrepreneurs to win funds from Sir Richard Branson.
Rebbeca said: “We got beaten by a very worthy opponent, a company suggesting that holograms replace receptionists in hotels. We couldn’t beat that for innovation.”