Takeley travel agent shortlisted for national award
- Credit: Archant
A travel agent who has been called The Wedding Angel because she specialises in honeymoons, has been nominated for a prestigious industry award.
Rebbeca Kingston from Takely, and her business partner, Lindsay Everett from Cheshunt, set up Dress in Love, the Bridal and Honeymoon Boutique based in Hertford, last September.
Rebbeca arranges individual honeymoons specially created for each couple and Lindsay sells the dresses, specially created for the bride – so both are tailor made. Rebbeca also creates family holidays “family moons” and “mini moons” for people who just want a short break.
Now Rebbeca has been nominated for a Travel Trade Gazette award. The tourist industry’s trade magazine has invited her to a ceremony at the Lyceum Theatre in London’s West End on September 28 when the winners will be announced, followed by an after-party at The Savoy.
Rebbeca is competing with seven others for the title of Travel Agent of the Year in the home-working category. Overall, there were 36,000 entrants for the awards, which are judged by experts within the travel industry and are regarded as the Blue Riband of the travel industry.
You may also want to watch:
Rebbeca and Lindsay set up the business after Rebbeca’s twin boy and girl were born early weighing only a pound each. They were in intensive care for seven months and once they were out of hospital, Rebbeca needed a career which she would work around looking after her children.
She said she didn’t know who had nominated her for the award.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 3 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 4 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 5 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 6 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
“I’m offering a service no one has offered before and we have received some great feedback. Because my office is at home, people can phone me at weekends and on Sundays. But I still couldn’t believe I had been put forward for this award. I saw the email and I read it about five times.”
Rebbeca, who also writes for several wedding magazines as a travel expert has been nominated for her ability to match her clients with the right honeymoon and her ability to planning a wedding abroad from start to finish without the need for an overseas wedding planner. One of her clients named her The Wedding Angel.
As reported by The Broadcast, in May, Rebbeca and Lindsay reached the semi-finals of another competition for entrepreneurs to win funds from Sir Richard Branson.
Rebbeca said: “We got beaten by a very worthy opponent, a company suggesting that holograms replace receptionists in hotels. We couldn’t beat that for innovation.”