Takeley singer releases song on iTunes
- Credit: Archant
It has been a hectic year for Takeley lad Glenn Godfrey.
Not only has the rapper/singer released his first single, performed at a Brownstock festival after beating thousands of other entrants and switched on Christmas lights, he has ended 2013 with the release of his second song.
The single Superhero is available on iTunes and takes a little look into Glenn’s childhood dreams. Featuring in the official video is aspiring young actor Jake Needs, from Bishop’s Stortford.
Glenn told the Broadcast: “When I write songs I like to be a little bit out of the box. As a child, I always wanted to be a superhero and I used to run around in a costume.
“I was going through some things and found a picture of myself dressed up and thought why don’t I write about that. It is quite an upbeat song and I am doing more singing than rapping.”
The success of the 20-year-old’s first single, I’m Young, is still going strong. Through the release, the former Stansted Mountfitchet pupil was invited to turn on the Christmas lights in Stoke-on-Trent and perform on the Signal 1 radio station’s stage after they had heard his music.
One of his biggest moments from 2013 was performing at the Brownstock Festival, where he shared a stage with the likes of Professor Green and Tom Odell.
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 3 New speed check groups to start: Rayne duo share experiences
- 4 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 5 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 6 Man dies at the scene of A120 'incident'
- 7 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 8 Great Dunmow's Soapbox Race's thrills and spills in pictures
- 9 Dunmow pilots airlift medical aid to help Ukraine
- 10 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
“It was absolutely incredible, especially as so many people had applied,” he said. “But I was absolutely honoured to be asked to switch on the Christmas lights as well.
“It has just been a fantastic year.”
To find out more about Glenn visit facebook.com/glenngodfreyofficial