Takeley singer releases song on iTunes
- Credit: Archant
It has been a hectic year for Takeley lad Glenn Godfrey.
Not only has the rapper/singer released his first single, performed at a Brownstock festival after beating thousands of other entrants and switched on Christmas lights, he has ended 2013 with the release of his second song.
The single Superhero is available on iTunes and takes a little look into Glenn’s childhood dreams. Featuring in the official video is aspiring young actor Jake Needs, from Bishop’s Stortford.
Glenn told the Broadcast: “When I write songs I like to be a little bit out of the box. As a child, I always wanted to be a superhero and I used to run around in a costume.
“I was going through some things and found a picture of myself dressed up and thought why don’t I write about that. It is quite an upbeat song and I am doing more singing than rapping.”
You may also want to watch:
The success of the 20-year-old’s first single, I’m Young, is still going strong. Through the release, the former Stansted Mountfitchet pupil was invited to turn on the Christmas lights in Stoke-on-Trent and perform on the Signal 1 radio station’s stage after they had heard his music.
One of his biggest moments from 2013 was performing at the Brownstock Festival, where he shared a stage with the likes of Professor Green and Tom Odell.
- 1 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 2 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 3 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 4 Covid booster jab sessions due to start at Lord Butler
- 5 Picture gallery: Spot yourself at Finchingfield 2021 three-legged race
- 6 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 7 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 8 Raynes Boxing Club duo delighted to return to amateur competition
- 9 Astronomy: What to look for in the sky this September
- 10 Campaign aims to cut Essex roads deaths and series injuries to zero
“It was absolutely incredible, especially as so many people had applied,” he said. “But I was absolutely honoured to be asked to switch on the Christmas lights as well.
“It has just been a fantastic year.”
To find out more about Glenn visit facebook.com/glenngodfreyofficial