Takeley headteacher suddenly resigns four weeks before end of school year
- Credit: Archant
The headteacher of an Uttlesford school has quit four weeks before the end of the academic year.
Mandy Line, pictured, offered her resignation from Takeley Primary School on Friday, citing personal reasons, and stood down with immediate effect.
Parents found out about the unexpected exit last week when letters were sent home.
A spokesman for Takeley Primary School: “Due to personal reasons Mrs Line has decided to resign as headteacher of Takeley Primary School with immediate effect.
“We wish her every success in the future and thank her for her contribution to the school.”
The school has confirmed that assistant headteacher Claire Berry will take on the role of head and will be supported by John Clements as executive headteacher on a part-time basis.
Mr Clements is an accredited national leader of education and headteacher of Hatfield Heath Primary School.
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 3 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 4 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 5 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Queen, Alicia Keys and Diana Ross to star in BBC's Platinum Jubilee Party
- 8 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 9 High Roding continue excellent start, as Aythorpe, Dunmow suffer defeats
- 10 High Easter hit magnificent seven after second-half goal blitz
The spokesman added: “Mr Clements is very experienced in working in this role and we are very grateful to the governing body of Hatfield Heath for their support at such short notice.”
Takeley received a recent visit from Ofsted, although the results have not yet been made public. The school has also been embroiled in controversy over its admission policy which has left many children in the village without a Reception class place from September. As it stands, some children still do not have a place at their local school and have been given alternative places, mainly at Elsenham Primary School.
Calls have been made to reopen the old Roseacre School, in Takeley.