Take a look at the books
BOOKS galore will be on sale at the Felsted United Reform Church on Saturday June 20 to help boost cash funds for the village playing field project. A target of �90,000 has been set by an ambitious group wanting to change and improve facilities for youngs
BOOKS galore will be on sale at the Felsted United Reform Church on Saturday June 20 to help boost cash funds for the village playing field project.
A target of �90,000 has been set by an ambitious group wanting to change and improve facilities for youngsters in Felsted, and a number of events have been organised including the up-coming second hand book sale.
Managing the event will be group member David Gregory, who says that it will be on a very large scale - he has already amassed over 4000 books.
"Every book deserves a second chance and the stock we have is continuing to grow," he said.
"There will be a wide range available including classics, popular modern fiction, biographies, sport, gardening, cookery, crafts and hobbies and many collectables. Everyone should pay a visit and stock up for some holiday reading."
So far the group has raised over �30,000 for new play equipment with contributions from grants and donations. Also, �7000 has been raised by similar events in the community including a recent 'Felsted Olympics' day.
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 3 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 4 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 5 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 6 High Easter hit magnificent seven after second-half goal blitz
- 7 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
- 8 Voting together: Lib Dems and Greens join forces
- 9 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
- 10 Hannah Mortier returns to boxing to raise awareness of the fight against domestic violence
Mr Gregory added: "This is one of a wide range of events organised by groups and committees in Felsted. In the future we have a Murder Mystery Evening on October 24, in the Memorial Hall and we hope to also have a fun dog show, a boot sale, a has Felsted got talent show and possibly a concert."
The book sale begins at 9.30am and finishes at 1.30pm. Entry is 50p including tea and coffee.