Take a look at the books
BOOKS galore will be on sale at the Felsted United Reform Church on Saturday June 20 to help boost cash funds for the village playing field project. A target of �90,000 has been set by an ambitious group wanting to change and improve facilities for youngs
BOOKS galore will be on sale at the Felsted United Reform Church on Saturday June 20 to help boost cash funds for the village playing field project.
A target of �90,000 has been set by an ambitious group wanting to change and improve facilities for youngsters in Felsted, and a number of events have been organised including the up-coming second hand book sale.
Managing the event will be group member David Gregory, who says that it will be on a very large scale - he has already amassed over 4000 books.
"Every book deserves a second chance and the stock we have is continuing to grow," he said.
You may also want to watch:
"There will be a wide range available including classics, popular modern fiction, biographies, sport, gardening, cookery, crafts and hobbies and many collectables. Everyone should pay a visit and stock up for some holiday reading."
So far the group has raised over �30,000 for new play equipment with contributions from grants and donations. Also, �7000 has been raised by similar events in the community including a recent 'Felsted Olympics' day.
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 3 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 4 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 5 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 6 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 7 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 8 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 9 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
Mr Gregory added: "This is one of a wide range of events organised by groups and committees in Felsted. In the future we have a Murder Mystery Evening on October 24, in the Memorial Hall and we hope to also have a fun dog show, a boot sale, a has Felsted got talent show and possibly a concert."
The book sale begins at 9.30am and finishes at 1.30pm. Entry is 50p including tea and coffee.