Tablers sing the Blues
FOAKES Hall was shaken to its roots on Saturday night as a fantastic Blues Brothers tribute act rocked Dunmow. The annual Dunmow Round Table music event was packed out as the warm up act started at 7.30pm before 11-piece group The Bruised Brothers took ov
FOAKES Hall was shaken to its roots on Saturday night as a fantastic Blues Brothers tribute act rocked Dunmow.
The annual Dunmow Round Table music event was packed out as the warm up act started at 7.30pm before 11-piece group The Bruised Brothers took over the stage.
Singing classics and having a great time was not the only ambition however, as the night was all about raising vital funds for charity.
Round Table event organiser, Tom Notley, said: "The Bruised Brothers were 'On a mission from God' to help raise money for Parents for Children, a charity that works to improve the lives of the most disadvantaged children through adoption, fostering and family support services.
You may also want to watch:
"Despite the recent wintery weather, a good turn out arrived at the event, but we didn't have as many people as we have had in previous years. We did still raise a great amount of money for the charity though."
The event followed on from that of last year, when the group organised a well-out Elvis tribute night.
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 3 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 4 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 5 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 6 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 7 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 8 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 9 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
Mr Notley said: "The support from the town is always strong so thank you to them on behalf of both Dunmow Round Table and Parents for Children. Also thank you to G4S Security Services for their help on the evening - assistance they donated free of charge."
The Round Table is on the hunt for some new members and anyone interested can visit www.greatdunmowroundtable.co.uk for more information.