Tablers donate £5000 to good causes
EVENTS held by the Dunmow Round Table have led to the group giving more than £5000 to needy people in the community in just over six months. Since April 2008, events such as the recent fireworks display have brought a regular cash flow through the Round T
EVENTS held by the Dunmow Round Table have led to the group giving more than £5000 to needy people in the community in just over six months.
Since April 2008, events such as the recent fireworks display have brought a regular cash flow through the Round Table and out into worthy causes, such as kits for sports teams or donations to help repair buildings.
Dunmow resident, Kay Puddock, was one beneficiary, as she received £580 to help run an Oscars night for a national charity where she raised a huge amount of money herself.
Most recently, Tablers have given away £250 to the Grey Matters community group that will go towards their Christmas Fish 'n' Chips supper after a day out, and £1700 to Jessie Myers, who was in desperate need of a vehicle suitable of carrying a wheelchair inside.
The vehicle will ensure Jessie's mother will not struggle to transfer her daughter during her daily routine to and from school and during the weekends.
The vehicle, part-funded by Motability, will be given to the Myers' family in February. Round table spokesman, Daniel Albon, said: "This is a life-changing amount to this family and will enable them to buy a wheelchair-friendly car.
- 1 New speed check groups to start: Rayne duo share experiences
- 2 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 3 Dunmow Rovers Tigers Under 10s celebrate 'fantastic result'
- 4 Outdoor theatre shows for all the family set for the National Trust's Hatfield Forest this summer
- 5 Wins for High Roding, Aythorpe Roding and Dunmow cricketers
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 Great Dunmow's Soapbox Race's thrills and spills in pictures
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 10 High Roding continue excellent start, as Aythorpe, Dunmow suffer defeats
"After we told Jane that we would be giving her the full donation of £1700, she told us how happy she was and she was eternally grateful.
"It made all the hard work over the last two months worthwhile."
Other donations include £200 so that Dunmow St Mary's Primary School could start their own blooming vegetable and flower patch, £250 has been given to Stebbing Hall so that they can repair the porch above the entrance of the meeting house and in September £1000 went to three local community projects including £250 for new kit for Dunmow Triathlon Club and £500 towards a new floor at Dunmow Tennis Club.
Mr Albon said: "We would love to give away more donations like these so if anybody else is in need of a donation please contact Rob Miller, chairman of Dunmow Round Table on email@example.com or Neil Bird, vice-chairman on firstname.lastname@example.org for a donation request form.