Sworders auction house to host Christmas market
- Credit: Archant
A fine art auction house in Essex is to hold a month-long Christmas market to help shoppers welcome the festive season.
Sworders in association with the seasonal shop, Squires, will open the seasonal event at the Stansted Mountfitchet saleroom on November 24.
The Christmas market will be organised by Sally Lewis, a local market organiser and owner of Squires and will run until December 23.
Mulled wine, coffee and snacks will all be available to help get visitors into the festive spirit.
A wide range of seasonal gifts and clothes will be on offer at the market as well as Christmas trees and a range of ornaments to decorate them with.
You may also want to watch:
Hand made articles such as woven textiles, painted ceramics and leather goods will all be on sale by local artisans.
Late night shopping will also be on offer on Thursdays, with the market staying open until 8pm.
- 1 Katie Price's alleged attacker re-bailed into November, police confirm
- 2 Fond farewell to Sweetland's butchers after 69 years in the trade
- 3 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 4 Wethersfield to house nearly 3,500 prisoners in government plan
- 5 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 6 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 7 Scouts jamboree fun covers radio skills to Morse Code
- 8 Full house success: Great Dunmow's Last Night of the Proms
- 9 Hylands Park's new parking charges will be lowered, says council
- 10 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
“It’s a perfect setting for a Christmas market, with a unique building and handy parking,” said organiser Sally Lewis.
Sworders chairman Guy Schooling is equally excited about the new market.
“We are delighted to welcome Squires and look forward to the market injecting some extra fun as we all get into the spirit of Christmas.
“I am particularly excited about visitors who have never been to our saleroom before, getting the chance to look around and view our upcoming sales, which include Homes and Interiors on November 28 and December 12, our Winter Country House Sale on December 5 and our Fine Wine and Port sale on December 6.
“Each of these offers an ideal opportunity to snap up a unique Christmas gift.”
The event will also see the inclusion of artisan workshops. Dates of these events have yet to be confirmed.
To coincide with the market, Sworders will also be trialling a new first.
Saturday viewings will be on offer to customers at the fine art auctioneers for the first time.
The auction house will be open from 10-4 on Saturdays and its hoped that the new, additional times will help new and existing customers to access lot viewings.
More information about the Christmas market, the upcoming auction sales and extended viewing times can be found on Sworders’ website.