Sweet-tooth Beattie celebrates 102 years
LIFE has been sweet for Dunmow resident Beattie Sage who celebrated her one hundred and second birthday on Wednesday. Born in a sweet shop in Tottenham, Beattie still has a taste for confectionary. When asked what her secret to a long life has been, she s
LIFE has been sweet for Dunmow resident Beattie Sage who celebrated her one hundred and second birthday on Wednesday.
Born in a sweet shop in Tottenham, Beattie still has a taste for confectionary.
When asked what her secret to a long life has been, she said: "I always enjoy myself and I do like my sweets."
It would seem that it's not just a sweet tooth she has as she is a popular resident at Redbond Lodge in Dunmow.
You may also want to watch:
Teresa Horn, care team manager at the home, said: "She's an adorable lady. She's so sweet and she laughs all day."
Beattie has one special friend that is constantly with her.
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 3 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 4 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 5 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 6 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 7 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 8 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 New cycle network consultation announced
"She's got a white teddy-bear with a knitted dress and she takes it everywhere, even to bed with her," explained Mrs Horn.
Despite her advanced years, Beattie still likes to knit scarves and when members of staff who have had babies bring them in, she loves to give them a cuddle .
Beattie celebrated her birthday with fellow residents and staff at Redbond Lodge in the dining room where they enjoyed a spread of food, some sherry and sparkling white wine and joined in with a sing-a-long.
And, with Beattie's sweet tooth in mind, the day wouldn't have been complete without a cake that was specially made for the occasion.