PEOPLE flocked to the Continental Market in Dunmow on Saturday and gave it a resounding thumbs up. Lining both sides of Market Place, which had been closed especially for the occasion, traders reported a busy day. Martin Gleabe, who ran the fudge stall, h
PEOPLE flocked to the Continental Market in Dunmow on Saturday and gave it a resounding thumbs up.
Lining both sides of Market Place, which had been closed especially for the occasion, traders reported a busy day.
Martin Gleabe, who ran the fudge stall, had come from Northern Ireland and has travelled with the market across Europe.
"This is a great town. It has been very busy. The produce we sell is checked for quality and I think people appreciate good quality things are well worth buying," he said.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Robert Fox was enjoying a browse.
"When you go abroad and see pavement culture and markets like this, it makes you realise what we have lost in this country.
- 1 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 2 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 5 New cycle network consultation announced
- 6 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 9 Summer art competition for children launched by school
- 10 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
"I would like to see us move more towards that sort of culture and I know we could do it if we put our minds to it," he said.
Co-owner of The Starr Louise George said: "All of the shops around have said they have been much busier than normal.
"It would be nice to see this sort of thing in the town more often. It brings people out."
Ed and Jess Horrocks, of Lukins Drive, Dunmow, took their two daughters to the market. She said: "This is a great thing to have in town.
"It's nice having the road closed for a safer feel and it creates a lovely atmosphere. I'd like to see a market held in this area every week.