Swap of the range fashions in Takeley
SHOPAHOLICS who have been forced to reign in their spending will be delighted with a new credit crunch-busting idea for guilt-free shopping. Holy Trinity Church in Takeley is soon to host a charity frock exchange which organisers say will have the thrill
SHOPAHOLICS who have been forced to reign in their spending will be delighted with a new credit crunch-busting idea for guilt-free shopping.
Holy Trinity Church in Takeley is soon to host a charity frock exchange which organisers say will have the thrill of shopping without the hefty price tag.
"We hope to give visitors the buzz of a girly afternoon at the shops without the expense of going down the high street," said organiser Sue Sadler.
The charity frock swap shop will be taking place from 1.30pm on Saturday October 10 at the Silver Jubilee Hall and Sue is urging as many women as possible to get involved.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "You offer your loved, but no longer wanted, fashion items and swap them for something else that takes you fancy. Bring a friend or two to add to the fun.
"Each guest brings at least one item of clothing, pair of shoes or accessory to swap. The clothes are displayed for everyone to choose from and try on.
- 1 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 2 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 3 Online Young Musician competition launched by Dunmow Rotarians
- 4 Lockdown easing: 'Shop abuse will not be tolerated'
- 5 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 6 Care at home: what is it, and how can it help?
- 7 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 8 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 9 Saffron Walden Musical Theatre Company announces musicals
- 10 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
"They need to be in good condition, clean, ironed and if possible on a coat hanger.
You and your friends go home with a great new look, it's that easy. We will have someone to do quick alterations on the day.
"Gentlemen are invited to recline to the social club where they can play snooker, pool and darts or relax and watch television with their favourite beverage at club prices, whilst their ladies shop."
Entry costs �3 and you can bring as many items as you want to swap as long as they are good quality.
There will be tea and cake included in the entrance fee, a raffle and some new designer items to purchase. At the end any remaining clothes will be further recycled and taken to charity shops.
As well as an opportunity for women to indulge in a spot of shopping and socialising, the aim of the evening is to raise money for the Samaritans Shoebox Appeal and other church charities.
To book your place ring Sue on 01279 873409 or Lin on 07742238378 after 1pm.
Alternatively email email@example.com