Support group set up for ME sufferers
A WOMAN from Onslow Green has set up a support group for sufferers of ME. Jenny Lynn set up the Open Mind group after doctors started referring sufferers to her for their treatment. We are a constructive group and teach people to understand what their sy
A WOMAN from Onslow Green has set up a support group for sufferers of ME.
Jenny Lynn set up the Open Mind group after doctors started referring sufferers to her for their treatment.
"We are a constructive group and teach people to understand what their symptoms are telling them," said Ms Lynn. "I have done a lot of research into ME and also Psycho Neuro Immunology (PNI) which looks at the relationship between the mind and the body."
OM group has a core membership of four or five people and meets on the first Wednesday of every month, with venues rotating from Great Dunmow, Little Dunmow and Onslow Green.
You may also want to watch:
"Anyone can join," said Ms Lynn. We have a very eclectic approach which brings in lots of different ways of treating ME. We treat the person and not the disease.
"That way, each treatment is tailored to fit the individual person."
- 1 New Stansted business park could support more than 3,000 jobs
- 2 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 3 Bid to 'join' Dunmow and Easton with more than 1,000 homes blocked
- 4 New Hylands Estate parking charges explained
- 5 Ball bearings shot at Leaden Roding car
- 6 'Outstanding' Town Award winners unveiled
- 7 Essex Highways proposes 11-week closure to main road near Thaxted
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 10 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
It is a method that Ms Lynn claims has had some excellent results.
"There is so much mystery to ME," said Ms Lynn. "But there are some very simple treatments. When we meet, we dispel a lot of the mystery to the disease and try to understand what we can do to help ourselves."
Anyone interested in joining or learning more about OM group should contact Jenny Lynn on 01371 859994.