Support group set up for ME sufferers
A WOMAN from Onslow Green has set up a support group for sufferers of ME. Jenny Lynn set up the Open Mind group after doctors started referring sufferers to her for their treatment. We are a constructive group and teach people to understand what their sy
A WOMAN from Onslow Green has set up a support group for sufferers of ME.
Jenny Lynn set up the Open Mind group after doctors started referring sufferers to her for their treatment.
"We are a constructive group and teach people to understand what their symptoms are telling them," said Ms Lynn. "I have done a lot of research into ME and also Psycho Neuro Immunology (PNI) which looks at the relationship between the mind and the body."
OM group has a core membership of four or five people and meets on the first Wednesday of every month, with venues rotating from Great Dunmow, Little Dunmow and Onslow Green.
"Anyone can join," said Ms Lynn. We have a very eclectic approach which brings in lots of different ways of treating ME. We treat the person and not the disease.
"That way, each treatment is tailored to fit the individual person."
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 3 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 4 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 5 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Queen, Alicia Keys and Diana Ross to star in BBC's Platinum Jubilee Party
- 8 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 9 High Roding continue excellent start, as Aythorpe, Dunmow suffer defeats
- 10 Voting together: Lib Dems and Greens join forces
It is a method that Ms Lynn claims has had some excellent results.
"There is so much mystery to ME," said Ms Lynn. "But there are some very simple treatments. When we meet, we dispel a lot of the mystery to the disease and try to understand what we can do to help ourselves."
Anyone interested in joining or learning more about OM group should contact Jenny Lynn on 01371 859994.