Support group set up for ME sufferers
A WOMAN from Onslow Green has set up a support group for sufferers of ME. Jenny Lynn set up the Open Mind group after doctors started referring sufferers to her for their treatment. We are a constructive group and teach people to understand what their sy
A WOMAN from Onslow Green has set up a support group for sufferers of ME.
Jenny Lynn set up the Open Mind group after doctors started referring sufferers to her for their treatment.
"We are a constructive group and teach people to understand what their symptoms are telling them," said Ms Lynn. "I have done a lot of research into ME and also Psycho Neuro Immunology (PNI) which looks at the relationship between the mind and the body."
OM group has a core membership of four or five people and meets on the first Wednesday of every month, with venues rotating from Great Dunmow, Little Dunmow and Onslow Green.
You may also want to watch:
"Anyone can join," said Ms Lynn. We have a very eclectic approach which brings in lots of different ways of treating ME. We treat the person and not the disease.
"That way, each treatment is tailored to fit the individual person."
- 1 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 2 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 3 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 4 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 5 Ageing trains mended using recycled parts for final years of service
- 6 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 7 New chief executive for ambulance service
- 8 Roger Hirst remains in place in Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner elections
- 9 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 10 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
It is a method that Ms Lynn claims has had some excellent results.
"There is so much mystery to ME," said Ms Lynn. "But there are some very simple treatments. When we meet, we dispel a lot of the mystery to the disease and try to understand what we can do to help ourselves."
Anyone interested in joining or learning more about OM group should contact Jenny Lynn on 01371 859994.