Superheroes turned into super swimmers to raise hundreds of pounds for Rwandan students. Three pupils from Hockerill Anglo-European College dressed as Batman, Superman and Spiderman in a bid to raise money for students at the college s partner school in R
Superheroes turned into super swimmers to raise hundreds of pounds for Rwandan students.
Three pupils from Hockerill Anglo-European College dressed as Batman, Superman and Spiderman in a bid to raise money for students at the college's partner school in Rwanda.
The 14-year-old pupils James Donovan, Ashley Rose and Paul Stringer raised hundreds of pounds for their partner school's students after they swam a staggering 105 lengths in just one hour at Grange Paddock swimming pool while wearing full fancy dress costume.
The money raised will make a great different to the Rwandan school as £90 pays for a student's full board and education for a whole year.
You may also want to watch:
Intercounty Estate Agents were the main sponsors having donated £100 to the pupils to swim as many lengths as they could in the one hour allowed.
The event organisers and the teenagers wish to thank their sponsors, the swimming pool and family and friends for all their support.
- 1 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 2 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 3 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 4 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 5 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 6 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 7 Coronavirus rates in Essex are doubling every 10 days
- 8 This week's paper: Dunmow Broadcast on July 22, 2021
- 9 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 10 Fun T2 cricket match and BBQ help to celebrate Dunmow's 125th anniversary
People can still donate by calling the school on 01279 658451.
At time of going to print, the total raised stands at £720.