Superb’ psychology at school
FELSTED School s psychology department has been awarded a prestigious award for the excellent grades that were earned by its students last year. The 2006 Best Results at A-level achieved by Boys at an Independent School Award comes from the highly regarde
FELSTED School's psychology department has been awarded a prestigious award for the excellent grades that were earned by its students last year.
The 2006 Best Results at A-level achieved by Boys at an Independent School Award comes from the highly regarded Good Schools Guide, recognising excellent teaching in individual subjects.
Melissa Cacace, head of psychology, said: "We are absolutely delighted to receive this award. I'm thrilled that the pupils' and department's hard work has been acknowledged not just in the results but also by this award."
Asked about the factors that contributed to them receiving this award, Ms Cacace said: "It is all down to motivation. Psychology isn't an easy subject, but if you can get pupils interested, and encourage their understanding and achievements, they can surprise themselves in their accomplishments."
You may also want to watch:
The annual awards are based on the A-level results, the subject's popularity compared to other schools, and the pupils' results.
Explaining about the award, Ralph Lucas, editor of The Good Schools Guide, said: "The combined score is an indication of superb teaching in a subject.
- 1 Lionel the Giant Perch is 'the perfect addition'
- 2 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 3 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 4 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail
- 5 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 6 Lockdown easing: 'Shop abuse will not be tolerated'
- 7 They're record breakers! Self-test attracts worldwide support
- 8 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 9 Doorbell crimes in Thaxted see one ‘ripped off’ before suspect flees
- 10 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan