Superb’ psychology at school
FELSTED School s psychology department has been awarded a prestigious award for the excellent grades that were earned by its students last year. The 2006 Best Results at A-level achieved by Boys at an Independent School Award comes from the highly regarde
FELSTED School's psychology department has been awarded a prestigious award for the excellent grades that were earned by its students last year.
The 2006 Best Results at A-level achieved by Boys at an Independent School Award comes from the highly regarded Good Schools Guide, recognising excellent teaching in individual subjects.
Melissa Cacace, head of psychology, said: "We are absolutely delighted to receive this award. I'm thrilled that the pupils' and department's hard work has been acknowledged not just in the results but also by this award."
Asked about the factors that contributed to them receiving this award, Ms Cacace said: "It is all down to motivation. Psychology isn't an easy subject, but if you can get pupils interested, and encourage their understanding and achievements, they can surprise themselves in their accomplishments."
You may also want to watch:
The annual awards are based on the A-level results, the subject's popularity compared to other schools, and the pupils' results.
Explaining about the award, Ralph Lucas, editor of The Good Schools Guide, said: "The combined score is an indication of superb teaching in a subject.
- 1 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 2 In pictures: Fun at the 2021 Great Dunmow Teddy Bears' picnic
- 3 In pictures: Post box knitting celebrates Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Tom Daley
- 4 Jobs boost for community as Dunmow's Caremark sees demand surge
- 5 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
- 6 Stansted Airport's summer getaway flight figures
- 7 Former Tring Athletic boss Kevin Christou named as new manager at Dunmow Town
- 8 Thieves swap elderly hospital patient’s ‘precious’ rings with tin bands
- 9 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex