Debut Dunmow festival set for sellout success
- Credit: enriquejro/Unsplash
A fledgling music festival in Dunmow has nearly sold out.
Summer Solstice Sundown will make its debut on the Great Dunmow Recreation Ground on Saturday, June 19.
With little more than a week left until the stage is set, fewer than 10 out of 86 Covid-safe 'pods' are left to book.
Town councillor Emma Marcus is one of the event's organisers.
Cllr Marcus said: "I'm so grateful to be doing something completely different that we haven't been able to do for so long!
You may also want to watch:
"We would really like Summer Solstice Sundown to be fully booked.
"All the proceeds go towards the mayor's charities."
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 3 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 4 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 5 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 8 Dunmow mayor sets out summer programme set to unite community
- 9 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 10 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
Dunmow's mayor, Cllr Patrick Lavelle, has chosen the Buffy Playbus, The Rowena Davey Centre - a meeting place for people aged 55 or over - and Uttlesford Community Travel as his charities.
Cllr Marcus said a smaller event this year could lead to bigger plans in the future.
Full festival details are on Facebook: https://bit.ly/3zggdXR