Summer music and fun in Chelmsford
WITH the summer in full swing, there s nothing like spending a balmy evening being entertained at your local theatre and the Chelmsford Theatres have plenty to offer this July. Back by popular demand, The Searchers are hitting the stage on Wednesday July
WITH the summer in full swing, there's nothing like spending a balmy evening being entertained at your local theatre and the Chelmsford Theatres have plenty to offer this July.
Back by popular demand, The Searchers are hitting the stage on Wednesday July 15 for another evening of classic hits including Sweets For My Sweet and Needles and Pins. Expect a programme full of all your favourite tracks plus some original album recordings and B-sides thrown in.
With over 40 million album sales spanning an incredible five decades, this is a rock and roll night not to be missed.
If you fancy a night of laughter with your friends, then pop down to the theatre and catch Jongleurs - Comedy on the Road on Thursday July 16. Jongleurs offer a guaranteed night of japes and fun from the top comedians on the touring circuit at the moment.
For an uplifting evening of big band music, the Benny Goodman's 1938 Carnegie Hall Concert is on Saturday July 18. Recreated faithfully by Pete Long's Allstar Goodmen Orchestra, the musicians play completely acoustic and the entire original Carnegie concert repertoire is played.
Performance poetry with a modern twist will see the UK's most accomplished live poets join together with fresh local talent to create an evening of high quality poetry at the Cramphorn Theatre on Friday July 24. And Poetry Link comes back on 28 August and 25 September to complete three evenings of top live poetry.
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 3 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 4 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 5 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Queen, Alicia Keys and Diana Ross to star in BBC's Platinum Jubilee Party
- 8 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 9 High Roding continue excellent start, as Aythorpe, Dunmow suffer defeats
- 10 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
There are some great film screenings this month also at the Cramphorn Theatre including Slumdog Millionaire (July 14), Valkyrie (July 16), Vicky Cristina Barcelona (July 21) and Frost/Nixon (July 23).
To book for all these shows and films and to find out about the rest of the summer season go to www.chelmsford.gov.uk/theatres or contact the box office on 01245 606505.