Successful year for Dunmow Twinners
DUNMOW Twinners have been active in the past fortnight.
At the AGM on November 26, chairman David Barron reported on an excellent year both socially and financially, a year which marked the 20th anniversary of the signing of the Twinning intent.
He mentioned the biennial four-day trip to Dourdan, France in May while, nearer to home, a highly successful 40s dance featuring the Walden Big Band plus guest WWII military vehicles.
This was followed by the summer barbecue. In October, the Fish and Seafood Supper proved yet another success.
You may also want to watch:
Both committee and friends were thanked for their contributions to the social events.
The committee were re-elected unanimously, with the addition of new member Jenny Poulton. David Aldridge was elected vice-chairman.
- 1 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 2 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 5 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 6 New cycle network consultation announced
- 7 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 8 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 9 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 10 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
The very special contribution of Gaenor Jones over 26 years was recognised with the gift of an orchid and her appointment as Life Vice President.
Just days after the AGM, a group of Dunmow stalwarts met 22 Dourdan visitors off Eurostar (delayed by snow) and escorted them to the British Museum.
The next Twinning event is a Scottish evening on Saturday February 5 at the Day Centre, to include tasting of wine and whisky.
Tickets (�15 each) obtainable from Marian Steven 878427.