Stunning masked ball in aid of Help for Heroes
A STUNNING masked ball is being organised to raise money for the country s soldiers and their families. With increasing numbers of casualties from the war in Afghanistan, the need for general public to help those affected grows with it. With this in mind,
A STUNNING masked ball is being organised to raise money for the country's soldiers and their families.
With increasing numbers of casualties from the war in Afghanistan, the need for general public to help those affected grows with it.
With this in mind, a themed ball has been organised to raise money for the Help for Heroes appeal.
"Of course the relevance is now more apparent than ever, with the deaths of a number of troops who were either based or lived locally," said one of the organisers.
You may also want to watch:
"We are hoping to raise �10,000 which will go a long way in supplying broken, destroyed and damaged limbs, as well as mental support."
The evening is being held on Saturday April 24 in a Grand Marquee in Great Chesterford. The organisers are aiming for an unforgettable experience while at the same time raising as much money as possible for the appeal.
- 1 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 2 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 5 New cycle network consultation announced
- 6 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 7 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 8 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
Tickets cost �60 and include a champagne reception and a four-course meal.
There will also be a live band, playing till late into the night, and a well stocked bar to quench the dancers' thirsts. As well as a couple of side entertainments there will be opportunities to both win prizes and to bid for items in the Auction of Promises.
The evening starts at 6.30pm and finishes at 2am.
If anyone is interested in purchasing tickets for this not-to-be-missed evening, or would like to help sponsor it, contact the organisers: firstname.lastname@example.org (01799 530308) or email@example.com (01799 530767).