Students’ school play will be ‘Madness’
THIS year the annual Helena Romanes School play is being produced by a committee of sixth form Students rather than by the drama and music staff.
The production Our House features the music and lyrics of the band Madness.
The story follows 16-year-old Joe as he makes a choice between good and bad behaviour. His parallel lives are then chronicled using the band’s hugely popular songs.
The West End production of the musical won the Laurence Olivier Award for Best New Musical in 2003.
The sixth form student production team includes:
You may also want to watch:
Director – Heather Cox, Year 13
Assistant Director – Abbie Woolcott, Year 13
- 1 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 2 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 5 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 8 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
- 9 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 10 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
Musical Director – Izzy Spint, Year 13
Assistant Musical Director – Samantha Keys, Year 11
Choreographer – Rosie Field, Year 13
Assistant Choreographer – Ben Love, Year 13
Head of Drama and Media at the school Steph Stewart said of the students taking charge this year: “It has been really positive leaving the creativity to far superior people and to realize the full potential of the students.”
On Tuesday a preview performance is presented to year six pupils from local primary schools.
Our House then runs on January 12, 13 and 14 at 7pm.
Tickets, �6.50/�5, are available from the school by calling 01371 872560.