Strawberry Tea for cancer charity
UNLIMITED coffee and tea, and some tasty treats, will be available as a restaurant opens its doors for a one-off charity event.
In support of Breast Cancer Care Square 1, on Great Dunmow’s High Street, is hosting a Strawberry Afternoon Tea on Saturday August 20 from 2pm.
For �20 anyone can enjoy live music, treat themselves to some cake and have a good natter over a hot drink.
Restaurateur Claire Hewitt said: “At Square 1, we know only too well how terrifying a breast cancer diagnosis can be - that’s why we are holding this event.
“Breast Cancer Care provides free support and information for those affected by a diagnosis and every penny raised by events like ours will help the charity continue their great work.”
You may also want to watch:
Strawberry Tea is Breast Cancer Care’s annual summer fundraising campaign. It raises money to support the 49,000 people who are diagnosed with breast cancer every year in the UK.
A Strawberry Tea can be anything – from an afternoon tea with your favourite home baked cakes, to a strawberry tea break in the office or cake sale at school.
- 1 Council agrees to 'complicated' parking charges at Hylands Park
- 2 Rural ramblers efforts for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity
- 3 Universal Credit: Help is still out there, says Essex County Council
- 4 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 5 Book exchange opens in Dunmow
- 6 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches
- 7 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 8 Tributes paid to PC Tris Baker who died in Roxwell collision
- 9 Conservative MP David Amess dies after being stabbed in Essex constituency
- 10 Hylands Park's new parking charges will be lowered, says council
In the UK, someone is diagnosed with breast cancer every 10 minutes. The money raised from will enable Breast Cancer Care to continue providing free support and information to anyone affected by the disease, when they need it most.
Square 1 customers can book tables on 01371 859922..
Anyone wishing to hold their own event can register at breastcancercare.org.uk/strawberry or call 0870 164 9422.