Step up to help Dunmow Carnival procession run smoothly
- Credit: Archant
Ahead of this year’ Dunmow Carnival on September 21, the organising committee are asking for people help with the procession on the day.
The committee urgently need extra support with closing road junction on the procession route btween 12.45pm-2.15pm while the parade passes each point. Visitors to this year's event can enjoy a traditional procession, show-ground events, a variety of stalls, delicious food and drink, an evening concert and fireworks.
The carnival, which was launched in 1961, takes place once again on the Great Dunmow Recreation Ground.
Daytime performers and acts include a steel band, a majorettes troupe, dancers and a karate club. Spectators can also enjoy a strongman competition and learn how to juggle with circus acts Rhythm and Balls. An evening concert will feature a George Ezra tribute act amongst other performers.
Entry to the carnival is free and each year the carnival committee carries out a collection on the day to raise money for local causes and charities.
You may also want to watch:
This year the committee has chosen to support Uttlesford Community Travel, Dementia Adventure and Action for Family Carers.
Please phone 01371 873673 if you can spare a little time to help with road closures during the procession.
- 1 Katie Price's alleged attacker re-bailed into November, police confirm
- 2 Fond farewell to Sweetland's butchers after 69 years in the trade
- 3 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 4 Wethersfield to house nearly 3,500 prisoners in government plan
- 5 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 6 Scouts jamboree fun covers radio skills to Morse Code
- 7 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 8 Full house success: Great Dunmow's Last Night of the Proms
- 9 Hylands Park's new parking charges will be lowered, says council
- 10 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport