Step up to help Dunmow Carnival procession run smoothly
- Credit: Archant
Ahead of this year’ Dunmow Carnival on September 21, the organising committee are asking for people help with the procession on the day.
The committee urgently need extra support with closing road junction on the procession route btween 12.45pm-2.15pm while the parade passes each point. Visitors to this year's event can enjoy a traditional procession, show-ground events, a variety of stalls, delicious food and drink, an evening concert and fireworks.
The carnival, which was launched in 1961, takes place once again on the Great Dunmow Recreation Ground.
Daytime performers and acts include a steel band, a majorettes troupe, dancers and a karate club. Spectators can also enjoy a strongman competition and learn how to juggle with circus acts Rhythm and Balls. An evening concert will feature a George Ezra tribute act amongst other performers.
Entry to the carnival is free and each year the carnival committee carries out a collection on the day to raise money for local causes and charities.
You may also want to watch:
This year the committee has chosen to support Uttlesford Community Travel, Dementia Adventure and Action for Family Carers.
Please phone 01371 873673 if you can spare a little time to help with road closures during the procession.
- 1 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 2 Care at home: what is it, and how can it help?
- 3 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 4 More work needed ahead of holiday easing, Stansted says
- 5 Stansted author to release second novel
- 6 Super six for High Easter as they turn on the style against Coggeshall Town youngsters
- 7 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 8 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 9 Take away Covid self tests from Thaxted library
- 10 Town council challenges water softening decision