Step up to help Dunmow Carnival procession run smoothly
- Credit: Archant
Ahead of this year’ Dunmow Carnival on September 21, the organising committee are asking for people help with the procession on the day.
The committee urgently need extra support with closing road junction on the procession route btween 12.45pm-2.15pm while the parade passes each point. Visitors to this year's event can enjoy a traditional procession, show-ground events, a variety of stalls, delicious food and drink, an evening concert and fireworks.
The carnival, which was launched in 1961, takes place once again on the Great Dunmow Recreation Ground.
Daytime performers and acts include a steel band, a majorettes troupe, dancers and a karate club. Spectators can also enjoy a strongman competition and learn how to juggle with circus acts Rhythm and Balls. An evening concert will feature a George Ezra tribute act amongst other performers.
Entry to the carnival is free and each year the carnival committee carries out a collection on the day to raise money for local causes and charities.
You may also want to watch:
This year the committee has chosen to support Uttlesford Community Travel, Dementia Adventure and Action for Family Carers.
Please phone 01371 873673 if you can spare a little time to help with road closures during the procession.
- 1 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 2 Garden restoration project joy after public appeal help
- 3 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 4 Incredible undefeated season at first time of asking for Dunmow Rovers U7 Tigers
- 5 In pictures: Post box knitting celebrates Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Tom Daley
- 6 Shooting star: Coward-Holley's road to Tokyo 2020
- 7 EA Festival debut: New festival quenches region's 'thirst for culture'
- 8 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 9 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 10 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022