Stebbing Primary School's delight at an 'Outstanding' report
STEBBING Primary School showed that it is top of the class after receiving an overall outstanding grade from Government inspectors. The school was paid a visit by Ofsted last month, and excelled in every area. The quality of teaching and assessment thro
STEBBING Primary School showed that it is top of the class after receiving an overall 'outstanding' grade from Government inspectors.
The school was paid a visit by Ofsted last month, and excelled in every area.
The quality of teaching and assessment throughout the whole school - including the Early Years Stage - and the lessons observed were rated outstanding.
Of particular note, inspectors picked out the "strong sense of teamwork" within the school, the "pupil's enthusiasm for learning and wanting to succeed", and their excellent behaviour.
You may also want to watch:
The report added: "The key to the school's success is the outstanding leadership and management of the headteacher and her deputy, extremely well supported by an excellent governing body."
Headteacher Janet Matthews said: "We are extremely proud of our Ofsted report. We feel that it reflects the fact that the whole school community works together and has a common vision of what an 'outstanding' school should look like.
- 1 Katie Price's alleged attacker re-bailed into November, police confirm
- 2 Fond farewell to Sweetland's butchers after 69 years in the trade
- 3 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 4 Wethersfield to house nearly 3,500 prisoners in government plan
- 5 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 6 Scouts jamboree fun covers radio skills to Morse Code
- 7 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 8 Full house success: Great Dunmow's Last Night of the Proms
- 9 Hylands Park's new parking charges will be lowered, says council
- 10 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
"Ofsted have recognised the fact that we have a brilliant team of staff, governors and parents who support the school in so many different ways.
"However, at the heart of this report are the children who were seen as 'Outstanding' in the manner they conduct themselves and in their attitude to learning. We knew this already but it is nice to be told officially."
The report also explained that Stebbing is an "outward looking school that seeks ways to raise standards still further".
"As an 'outstanding' school we will continue to look for even more exciting opportunities to raise standards and ensure that our school is stimulating, challenging and, above all, fun!" added Mrs Matthews.