Stebbing Primary School's delight at an 'Outstanding' report
STEBBING Primary School showed that it is top of the class after receiving an overall outstanding grade from Government inspectors. The school was paid a visit by Ofsted last month, and excelled in every area. The quality of teaching and assessment thro
STEBBING Primary School showed that it is top of the class after receiving an overall 'outstanding' grade from Government inspectors.
The school was paid a visit by Ofsted last month, and excelled in every area.
The quality of teaching and assessment throughout the whole school - including the Early Years Stage - and the lessons observed were rated outstanding.
Of particular note, inspectors picked out the "strong sense of teamwork" within the school, the "pupil's enthusiasm for learning and wanting to succeed", and their excellent behaviour.
You may also want to watch:
The report added: "The key to the school's success is the outstanding leadership and management of the headteacher and her deputy, extremely well supported by an excellent governing body."
Headteacher Janet Matthews said: "We are extremely proud of our Ofsted report. We feel that it reflects the fact that the whole school community works together and has a common vision of what an 'outstanding' school should look like.
- 1 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 2 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 3 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 4 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 5 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 6 Stations benefit from funding
- 7 Covid jabs have started at Broomfield Hospital's Vaccination Hub
- 8 Police seek witnesses to two vehicle collision
- 9 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 10 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
"Ofsted have recognised the fact that we have a brilliant team of staff, governors and parents who support the school in so many different ways.
"However, at the heart of this report are the children who were seen as 'Outstanding' in the manner they conduct themselves and in their attitude to learning. We knew this already but it is nice to be told officially."
The report also explained that Stebbing is an "outward looking school that seeks ways to raise standards still further".
"As an 'outstanding' school we will continue to look for even more exciting opportunities to raise standards and ensure that our school is stimulating, challenging and, above all, fun!" added Mrs Matthews.