Stebbing: Petsavers competition win for photographer Ben
- Credit: Archant
A YOUNG photographer’s snap of his pet cat has seen him awarded in a national competition.
Ben Hickling, 14, of Stebbing High Street, entered a picture of his cat, Tinky, for the annual Petsavers competition under the category of ‘Priceless moments’.
The Helena Romanes School pupil has been a keen photographer for over three years and entered the competition in November, but was only told he had won the award last month.
The photo, titled ‘Hugs anyone?’, came third in the under-16 catergory and Ben said: “I am over the moon, especially with it being the first time I’ve ever entered a competition.
“I didn’t think I was going to get anywhere close to getting a prize so I was very proud when I found out.”
You may also want to watch:
The photo won Ben £50, and will be exhibited at Petsavers’ conference in Birmingham next month, to which he has been invited.
Petsavers is a charity funding vital clinical research into the prevention, treatment and/or cure of illnesses and conditions affecting pets.
- 1 Secretary of state to consider overturning Finchingfield houses approval
- 2 Villages around Great Dunmow covered in frost and snow
- 3 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 4 Distraction theft in Dunmow leaves woman without handbag
- 5 Church received £31,000 grant for restoration purposes
- 6 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 7 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 8 Police appeal after clothing theft from donation container
- 9 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 10 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
For more information or to view Ben’s photo online, visit petsavers.org.uk