Stebbing: Petsavers competition win for photographer Ben
- Credit: Archant
A YOUNG photographer’s snap of his pet cat has seen him awarded in a national competition.
Ben Hickling, 14, of Stebbing High Street, entered a picture of his cat, Tinky, for the annual Petsavers competition under the category of ‘Priceless moments’.
The Helena Romanes School pupil has been a keen photographer for over three years and entered the competition in November, but was only told he had won the award last month.
The photo, titled ‘Hugs anyone?’, came third in the under-16 catergory and Ben said: “I am over the moon, especially with it being the first time I’ve ever entered a competition.
“I didn’t think I was going to get anywhere close to getting a prize so I was very proud when I found out.”
You may also want to watch:
The photo won Ben £50, and will be exhibited at Petsavers’ conference in Birmingham next month, to which he has been invited.
Petsavers is a charity funding vital clinical research into the prevention, treatment and/or cure of illnesses and conditions affecting pets.
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 New cycle network consultation announced
- 3 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 4 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 5 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 10 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
For more information or to view Ben’s photo online, visit petsavers.org.uk