Stebbing: Petsavers competition win for photographer Ben
- Credit: Archant
A YOUNG photographer’s snap of his pet cat has seen him awarded in a national competition.
Ben Hickling, 14, of Stebbing High Street, entered a picture of his cat, Tinky, for the annual Petsavers competition under the category of ‘Priceless moments’.
The Helena Romanes School pupil has been a keen photographer for over three years and entered the competition in November, but was only told he had won the award last month.
The photo, titled ‘Hugs anyone?’, came third in the under-16 catergory and Ben said: “I am over the moon, especially with it being the first time I’ve ever entered a competition.
“I didn’t think I was going to get anywhere close to getting a prize so I was very proud when I found out.”
You may also want to watch:
The photo won Ben £50, and will be exhibited at Petsavers’ conference in Birmingham next month, to which he has been invited.
Petsavers is a charity funding vital clinical research into the prevention, treatment and/or cure of illnesses and conditions affecting pets.
- 1 A12 upgrade: 'The people who live here are not being considered'
- 2 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 3 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 4 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 5 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 6 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 7 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 8 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 9 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 10 Essex initiative to support children in hospital reaches milestone
For more information or to view Ben’s photo online, visit petsavers.org.uk