A look back at VE Day 2020: reader picture
- Credit: Valerie Newe
A look back at this year’s VE Day 2020, a socially distanced affair because of the coronavirus lockdown.
This picture of flags was sent in by Valerie and Doreen in Stebbing.
The English and Canadian flags honour their English father and grandfather who served in the RAF with Canadian pilots.
The Scottish and Gibraltar flags were there to honour their Scottish father-in-law/grandfather who served in the Royal Engineers and built the runway in Gibraltar.
The Union Flag in the window is nearly 150 years old, dating from 1874.
You may also want to watch:
It’s always lovely to hear from you. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Linked: VE Day 2020: How Great Dunmow marked VE Day 2020 and WATCH video of The Cry for Peace Around The World
- 1 Katie Price's alleged attacker re-bailed into November, police confirm
- 2 Fond farewell to Sweetland's butchers after 69 years in the trade
- 3 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 4 Wethersfield to house nearly 3,500 prisoners in government plan
- 5 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 6 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 7 Scouts jamboree fun covers radio skills to Morse Code
- 8 Full house success: Great Dunmow's Last Night of the Proms
- 9 Pets' Corner: Ben Fogle's plea over Bonfire Night
- 10 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport