Culvert is replaced in Stebbing’s High Street, allowing road to reopen
- Credit: Essex County Council
Work to replace the culvert in Stebbing’s High Street has been completed.
The culvert in Stebbing’s High Street has been replaced, allowing the road to reopen.
The bridge replacement and reconstruction works for Church Farm Culvert involved removing the existing structure and constructing a new precast reinforced concrete box unit.
Essex Highways said there was a delay to the work being finished on time because they had unexpected issues with utility diversions and clearing vegetation.
However, works were able to continue during the coronavirus outbreak with social distancing measures put in place for the safety of the workforce and general public.
You may also want to watch:
Essex Highways said they would like to thank local residents for their patience and co-operating during the works.
Stebbing Parish Council organised an opening ceremony for residents who were eager to walk across the new structure.
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 3 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 4 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 5 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 6 Concerns that Covid lockdowns has caused fitness levels to drop
- 7 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Dunmow Cricket Club announces new sponsor
- 10 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust