Culvert is replaced in Stebbing’s High Street, allowing road to reopen
- Credit: Essex County Council
Work to replace the culvert in Stebbing’s High Street has been completed.
The culvert in Stebbing’s High Street has been replaced, allowing the road to reopen.
The bridge replacement and reconstruction works for Church Farm Culvert involved removing the existing structure and constructing a new precast reinforced concrete box unit.
Essex Highways said there was a delay to the work being finished on time because they had unexpected issues with utility diversions and clearing vegetation.
However, works were able to continue during the coronavirus outbreak with social distancing measures put in place for the safety of the workforce and general public.
You may also want to watch:
Essex Highways said they would like to thank local residents for their patience and co-operating during the works.
Stebbing Parish Council organised an opening ceremony for residents who were eager to walk across the new structure.
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 3 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 4 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 5 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 Dunmow mayor sets out summer programme set to unite community
- 8 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 9 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 10 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear