First pupils are welcomed back to Felsted School following coronavirus lockdown
- Credit: Felsted School
Felsted School welcomed back the first of its pupils this week since the switch to home learning at the end of March.
A number of year one pupils were first to return on Tuesday June 2, followed by Reception pupils on Wednesday June 3 and year six on Thursday June 4.
Simon James, Headmaster of Felsted Prep School, said: “It has been a huge effort by all our staff over the past few months to keep our educational offering to the highest of standards remotely, but even more so to prepare for their safe return with all the obvious hurdles to overcome.
“Drop off times are staggered so children are not all arriving together, temperature checks are being performed at the beginning of the day, alongside regular hand washing at our newly developed washing stations, and classrooms have been rearranged to accommodate distanced desks.
“There has been much to plan to ensure the safety of both our pupils and staff! However, it is a delight to see some of them back, and to see the enjoyment of them seeing their friends and teachers after such a long time is emotional.”
You may also want to watch:
Head of Felsted Pre-Prep, which covers reception to year 2 children, Jac Atkins said: “Lessons have taken place inside and outside, with the children practising keeping a distance yet working together.
“Everyone has adapted very well to the new rules and systems we have in place to keep everyone safe and parents have been very supportive and appreciative of the care that has been taken to make our return such a success.”
- 1 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 2 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 3 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 4 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 5 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 8 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 9 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
- 10 Felsted announces STEM competition winners
Felsted has remained open in a limited capacity for children of key workers with a home learning programme called ‘Felsted at Home’ for all age groups running alongside, which will continue until every pupil is safely able to return.