First pupils are welcomed back to Felsted School following coronavirus lockdown
- Credit: Felsted School
Felsted School welcomed back the first of its pupils this week since the switch to home learning at the end of March.
A number of year one pupils were first to return on Tuesday June 2, followed by Reception pupils on Wednesday June 3 and year six on Thursday June 4.
Simon James, Headmaster of Felsted Prep School, said: “It has been a huge effort by all our staff over the past few months to keep our educational offering to the highest of standards remotely, but even more so to prepare for their safe return with all the obvious hurdles to overcome.
“Drop off times are staggered so children are not all arriving together, temperature checks are being performed at the beginning of the day, alongside regular hand washing at our newly developed washing stations, and classrooms have been rearranged to accommodate distanced desks.
“There has been much to plan to ensure the safety of both our pupils and staff! However, it is a delight to see some of them back, and to see the enjoyment of them seeing their friends and teachers after such a long time is emotional.”
Head of Felsted Pre-Prep, which covers reception to year 2 children, Jac Atkins said: “Lessons have taken place inside and outside, with the children practising keeping a distance yet working together.
“Everyone has adapted very well to the new rules and systems we have in place to keep everyone safe and parents have been very supportive and appreciative of the care that has been taken to make our return such a success.”
- 1 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 2 Dunmow pilots airlift medical aid to help Ukraine
- 3 Musical theatre stars to bring the West End to Saffron Walden in celebration of Rodgers & Hammerstein
- 4 Life-saving kit that residents hope they will never use
- 5 110 homes near Stansted Airport: design and details approved
- 6 Stebbing Tractor Run 2022 delights the crowds: In pictures
- 7 Major supermarkets order urgent product recalls over salmonella fears
- 8 Things to do in Essex this June
- 9 10,000 signatures reached against Essex mega-prison proposal
- 10 Recap: A120 reopens near Stansted Airport after 'police incident'
Felsted has remained open in a limited capacity for children of key workers with a home learning programme called ‘Felsted at Home’ for all age groups running alongside, which will continue until every pupil is safely able to return.