Starlets serve up impressive version of Bram Stoker's Dracula
GREAT shows are coming thick and fast at the Art Centre in Great Dunmow. Straight after young starlets entertained packed audiences during a three-night run of Dracula Spectacular last week, more slightly older aspiring actors and singers are gearing up f
GREAT shows are coming thick and fast at the Art Centre in Great Dunmow.
Straight after young starlets entertained packed audiences during a three-night run of Dracula Spectacular last week, more slightly older aspiring actors and singers are gearing up for a two-night rendition of the classic pantomime Aladdin.
Last Thursday, Friday and Saturday, youngsters from the Junior Arts Theatre Company based at the Haslers Lane centre performed their tongue-in-cheek version of the classic Victorian novel Dracula, written by Bram Stoker.
Audiences found themselves entertained by some stellar performances during the one and a half hour show.
Arts Centre manager, Jacky Rom, said: "We had a full house every night and Saturday night was particularly packed. It was a fabulous night and the show went down really well."
As a result of the success, more shows for the juniors are being planned for the future and the centre will be holding auditions for new members in January.
- 1 District council: Free car parking between Christmas and January 3
- 2 Braintree investment leads to questions about Witham
- 3 Live Nativity returns to Great Dunmow this December
- 4 Essex report into Covid deaths and residents with learning disabilities
- 5 Great Dunmow restaurant Jalsa Ghar at the British Curry Awards
- 6 Meet the cast of this year's special Harlow Playhouse pantomime Robin Hood
- 7 Dunmow's Stables Hotel could become flats as business 'no longer viable'
- 8 In pictures: Santa's sleigh is in the Dunmow district
- 9 'Massive' headliners set to be announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 10 Katie Price alleged assault: Suspect 'released under investigation'
To book an audition call 01371 878020, children need to be aged between 7 and 12.
This Friday and Saturday, December 4 and 5, it is the turn of the Senior Arts Theatre Company to perform their show, Aladdin. Audiences can expect all the fun and frolics of a proper pantomime on stage.
Shows start at 7pm, to book tickets or find out more call the Arts Centre on 01371 878020.
LET us know what you think of the shows. E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at 54 High Street, Saffron Walden, Essex, CB10 1EE.