Stansted music sensation tops billing at popular rock venue
THE popular all-ages rock night at Rhodes Arts Complex in Bishop s Stortford returns with a stella line-up for the first show in 2010.On Friday January 15 Daisy Dares You headlines the Stortford venue with support from Charli XCX, Members Of Me and Wideb
THE popular all-ages rock night at Rhodes Arts Complex in Bishop's Stortford returns with a stella line-up for the first show in 2010.
On Friday January 15 Daisy Dares You headlines the Stortford venue with support from Charli XCX, Members Of Me and Wideboy Generation.
2010 is undoubtedly going to be a massive year for Stansted teenager Daisy Dares You. As early as March 2009 the Guardian featured her in their new band listings and she was recently one of the few chosen by the BBC for their 'Sounds of 2010'.
Daisy describes her music as "delirious funky produce" and songs like Daisy Dares You and Number One Enemy are giddy, electro-pop rushes which cartwheel and surge around huge hooks and whopping great choruses.
You may also want to watch:
Daisy Dares You will be supporting Chipmunk on his UK tour in April. But before that she visits Rhodes Rocks as the first headliner of the year.
Charli XCX has built herself a killer underground reputation in record time, and she's now on the brink of making some big noise overground. The queen of the teen scene's warped Day-Glo club kid look, chameleon locks and genre-defying nursery grime sounds are making everyone stop and take notice.
- 1 Secretary of state to consider overturning Finchingfield houses approval
- 2 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 3 Villages around Great Dunmow covered in frost and snow
- 4 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 5 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 6 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 7 Dozens of illegal fishing nets and traps seized during pandemic
- 8 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 9 Seventh flood in Great Bardfield breaks pavement
- 10 Former POW camp on council heritage list
Members Of Me describe themselves as the "best looking band in Harlow" and their pop-punk tunes are bound to win them fans. The band first appeared at Rhodes Rocks back in May 2008 and due to demand from fans are returning for a second appearance.
Wideboy Generation need no introduction to music fans in Bishop's Stortford having played Rhodes Rocks, Club Blub and the Stortford Music Festival in 2009.
Their signature mod-rock tunes always get the dance floor moving and are a worthy opener for the evening
Entry for Rhodes Rocks is now �5 in advance from the box office (01279 651746 or www.rhodesbishopsstortford.org.uk) or �7 on the door.
For more details check the Facebook group Rhodes Rocks!