Suspended prison sentence for drug dealer who jumped in river
- Credit: Archant
Suspended prison sentence for Stansted drug dealer who jumped in river
A Stansted drug dealer who jumped in a river in an attempt to hide his stash of cocaine and heroin has been handed a suspended prison sentence.
Cambridge Crown Court heard how on September 18, Finn O’Neill, 23, of Cannons Court, Stansted, was spotted dealing drugs in Fen Road, Cambridge by a member of the public, who alerted nearby police officers.
One of the officers borrowed a bike and attempted to detain O’Neill for a search but he made off and jumped in the River Cam.
After pulling O’Neill from the river and arresting him, one of the officers jumped in and recovered the discarded package of crack cocaine and heroin.
You may also want to watch:
O’Neill was also found with more than £700 in cash and a mobile phone.
After previously pleading guilty to possession with intent to supply crack cocaine and heroin, O’Neill was sentenced to two years in prison, suspended for two years. He must also carry out 300 hours unpaid work.
- 1 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 2 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 3 Tens of thousands of pounds worth of horse riding gear stolen in High Easter
- 4 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 5 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 6 'This is my life version 2.0' - Doctor marks Covid anniversary with fundraising efforts
- 7 Rise in dog thefts during lockdown, says charity
- 8 April 12: Five pub gardens and five shops you can visit in Uttlesford
- 9 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 10 Woman taken to hospital after serious accident between Takeley and Dunmow