Suspended prison sentence for drug dealer who jumped in river
- Credit: Archant
Suspended prison sentence for Stansted drug dealer who jumped in river
A Stansted drug dealer who jumped in a river in an attempt to hide his stash of cocaine and heroin has been handed a suspended prison sentence.
Cambridge Crown Court heard how on September 18, Finn O’Neill, 23, of Cannons Court, Stansted, was spotted dealing drugs in Fen Road, Cambridge by a member of the public, who alerted nearby police officers.
One of the officers borrowed a bike and attempted to detain O’Neill for a search but he made off and jumped in the River Cam.
After pulling O’Neill from the river and arresting him, one of the officers jumped in and recovered the discarded package of crack cocaine and heroin.
You may also want to watch:
O’Neill was also found with more than £700 in cash and a mobile phone.
After previously pleading guilty to possession with intent to supply crack cocaine and heroin, O’Neill was sentenced to two years in prison, suspended for two years. He must also carry out 300 hours unpaid work.
- 1 The benefits of the great outdoors
- 2 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 3 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 4 The Maltings – where would be we without our Friends?
- 5 Stations benefit from funding
- 6 Covid jabs have started at Broomfield Hospital's Vaccination Hub
- 7 Surgeon wins top award for hip research
- 8 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 9 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 10 Archaeologists find remains of Iron Age village