Suspended prison sentence for drug dealer who jumped in river
- Credit: Archant
Suspended prison sentence for Stansted drug dealer who jumped in river
A Stansted drug dealer who jumped in a river in an attempt to hide his stash of cocaine and heroin has been handed a suspended prison sentence.
Cambridge Crown Court heard how on September 18, Finn O’Neill, 23, of Cannons Court, Stansted, was spotted dealing drugs in Fen Road, Cambridge by a member of the public, who alerted nearby police officers.
One of the officers borrowed a bike and attempted to detain O’Neill for a search but he made off and jumped in the River Cam.
After pulling O’Neill from the river and arresting him, one of the officers jumped in and recovered the discarded package of crack cocaine and heroin.
You may also want to watch:
O’Neill was also found with more than £700 in cash and a mobile phone.
After previously pleading guilty to possession with intent to supply crack cocaine and heroin, O’Neill was sentenced to two years in prison, suspended for two years. He must also carry out 300 hours unpaid work.
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 3 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 4 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 6 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 7 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 8 Dunmow mayor sets out summer programme set to unite community
- 9 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 10 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear