Stansted bites into Big Apple market
THE world s largest airline is to start a new connection flight between Stansted Airport and New York. American Airlines will be flying daily from the Essex airport to New York s JFK from October 29 then twice daily from March as part of plans to increase
THE world's largest airline is to start a new connection flight between Stansted Airport and New York.
American Airlines will be flying daily from the Essex airport to New York's JFK from October 29 then twice daily from March as part of plans to increase long haul and transatlantic flights from Stansted.
"This is fantastic news for Stansted," said Nick Barton, business development and planning director for Stansted Airport. "We are the UK's third largest airport, one of the top 50 in the world, so it's fitting that the world's largest airline has recognised the growth potential from here to develop its links to London."
The flights, operated by Boeing 767-300 aircraft, will offer economy and business class seats and will give passengers access to American Airline routes across the United States.
You may also want to watch:
American carriers, EOS airlines and Maxjet have been offering business class services from Stansted to the JFK airport since 2005.
- 1 Air ambulance and four land vehicles called to Essex emergency
- 2 In pictures: First ever Summer Solstice Sundown festival a hit
- 3 Two taken to hospital after Little Dunmow collision
- 4 In pictures: Stebbing tractor run 2021
- 5 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
- 6 Saturday recital to mark 200th anniversary of Thaxted organ
- 7 Half empty or half full weekend depending on whether you play for Dunmow's firsts or seconds
- 8 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
- 9 The 2021 Stebbing Tractor Run route
- 10 Debut Dunmow festival set for sellout success