Stansted bites into Big Apple market
THE world s largest airline is to start a new connection flight between Stansted Airport and New York. American Airlines will be flying daily from the Essex airport to New York s JFK from October 29 then twice daily from March as part of plans to increase
THE world's largest airline is to start a new connection flight between Stansted Airport and New York.
American Airlines will be flying daily from the Essex airport to New York's JFK from October 29 then twice daily from March as part of plans to increase long haul and transatlantic flights from Stansted.
"This is fantastic news for Stansted," said Nick Barton, business development and planning director for Stansted Airport. "We are the UK's third largest airport, one of the top 50 in the world, so it's fitting that the world's largest airline has recognised the growth potential from here to develop its links to London."
The flights, operated by Boeing 767-300 aircraft, will offer economy and business class seats and will give passengers access to American Airline routes across the United States.
You may also want to watch:
American carriers, EOS airlines and Maxjet have been offering business class services from Stansted to the JFK airport since 2005.
- 1 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 2 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 3 More work needed ahead of holiday easing, Stansted says
- 4 Super six for High Easter as they turn on the style against Coggeshall Town youngsters
- 5 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 6 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 7 Take away Covid self tests from Thaxted library
- 8 Care at home: what is it, and how can it help?
- 9 Ambitious and fast-growing High Roding raring to go ahead of new season
- 10 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open