Stansted Airport’s German contingent unveils expansion plans
FLEDGLING airline Germanwings has chosen to expand its flight connections from Stansted Airport with the launch of a twice daily service to its new hub in Hanover. The move is described as extremely encouraging by the airports commercial and development
FLEDGLING airline Germanwings has chosen to expand its flight connections from Stansted Airport with the launch of a twice daily service to its new hub in Hanover.
The move is described as "extremely encouraging" by the airports commercial and development director Nick Barton who praised the airline for growing its network during "some of the most challenging times" in the aviation industry.
He added: "Germanwings has developed very successful links from Stansted to Cologne and Stuttgart, and we're delighted to be the London connection for their new hub at Hanover.
"We wish them every success and look forward to supporting them in the expansion of their German connections from Stansted.
You may also want to watch:
"With Stansted set to welcome a whole host of new services, including additional flights to Malaysia by AirAsia X, new connections to Croatia and Turkey by easyJet and new routes to Spain and Morocco from Ryanair, we're looking forward to some very exciting developments to our route network in the coming months."
Germanwings flights from Stansted to Hanover will depart at 7.50am and 8.15pm Monday to Friday, daily at weekends, with lead-in fares from as low as �13.99 one-way including tax.
- 1 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 2 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 3 Community trees and bulbs to help tackle climate change
- 4 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 5 Interest in women and girls cricket rises following anniversary event
- 6 Dunmow's Macmillan coffee and cake success despite stolen banner
- 7 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 8 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 9 New chemotherapy centre at Broomfield Hospital is 'fantastic'
- 10 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
For further information and flight reservations visit www.germanwings.com.