Stansted Airport operator EasyJet reaches 500-route landmark
BUDGET airline easyJet has celebrated the achievement of reaching the landmark figure of 500 routes, following the launch of its new service from its base at Milan Malpensa Airport to Porto. In less than 15 years the airline has become one of Europe s num
BUDGET airline easyJet has celebrated the achievement of reaching the landmark figure of 500 routes, following the launch of its new service from its base at Milan Malpensa Airport to Porto.
In less than 15 years the airline has become one of Europe's number one transport networks, now operating on 45 of Europe's top 100 routes, easyJet has established 19 bases across 28 countries, with its fleet of 182 aircraft.
Chief executive Andy Harrison said: "To reach the milestone of 500 routes in less than 15 years of operation is an achievement of which I am very proud.
"Our increasingly strong position in Europe is a result of focusing on destinations customers find most attractive, at convenient times from the most convenient airports.
"Now over 300 million people live within an hour of an easyJet airport, which will enable the airline to grow by a further 10 per cent and carry over 50million passengers in the coming year.
- 1 Olympic gold medallist Beth Shriever switches on Finchingfield's Christmas tree lights
- 2 Bardfield cottage transformed into scrumptious-looking gingerbread house for Christmas
- 3 First Sunday in December marked with Live Nativity in Great Dunmow
- 4 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of terrorism offences at Stansted Airport
- 6 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 7 Braintree investment leads to questions about Witham
- 8 Essex buildings are lit up in green for awareness campaign
- 9 'Massive' headliners set to be announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 10 Chelmsford: Safety improvements planned at roundabout after Thaxted man dies