Stansted Airport operator EasyJet reaches 500-route landmark
BUDGET airline easyJet has celebrated the achievement of reaching the landmark figure of 500 routes, following the launch of its new service from its base at Milan Malpensa Airport to Porto. In less than 15 years the airline has become one of Europe s num
BUDGET airline easyJet has celebrated the achievement of reaching the landmark figure of 500 routes, following the launch of its new service from its base at Milan Malpensa Airport to Porto.
In less than 15 years the airline has become one of Europe's number one transport networks, now operating on 45 of Europe's top 100 routes, easyJet has established 19 bases across 28 countries, with its fleet of 182 aircraft.
Chief executive Andy Harrison said: "To reach the milestone of 500 routes in less than 15 years of operation is an achievement of which I am very proud.
"Our increasingly strong position in Europe is a result of focusing on destinations customers find most attractive, at convenient times from the most convenient airports.
You may also want to watch:
"Now over 300 million people live within an hour of an easyJet airport, which will enable the airline to grow by a further 10 per cent and carry over 50million passengers in the coming year.
- 1 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 2 Care at home: what is it, and how can it help?
- 3 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 4 Stansted author to release second novel
- 5 Take away Covid self tests from Thaxted library
- 6 More work needed ahead of holiday easing, Stansted says
- 7 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 8 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 9 Stop Stansted Expansion campaign group to rebrand
- 10 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations