SSE protestors stepping out
STOP Stansted Expansion (SSE) is holding a heritage hike on Sunday September 20 to highlight the potential threat to historic homes, countryside and the community from a second runway at Stansted Airport. A four-mile circular walk has been organised by
STOP Stansted Expansion (SSE) is holding a 'heritage hike' on Sunday September 20 to highlight the potential threat to historic homes, countryside and the community from a second runway at Stansted Airport.
A four-mile circular walk has been organised by SSE's footpaths expert Stuart Walker in conjunction with Douglas Kent, technical adviser to the Society for the Protection of Ancient Buildings.
Hikers will set off at 2pm after a commemorative photo from Molehill Green. Route maps and descriptions of historical sites will be provided to those taking part and a sizzling barbecue will be held from 1pm to 5pm for departing and returning ramblers.
SSE's campaign director, Carol Barbone, said: "This is our eighth annual ramble and the emphasis on heritage this year is designed to remind people about the lasting impacts on communities in this area if the runway were ever to be constructed."
You may also want to watch:
The event is free but those who want to seek sponsorship or make donations at the event can do so.
More information on the Heritage Hike and a sponsorship form are available at www.stopstanstedexpansion.com or by calling 01279 870558.
- 1 Katie Price's alleged attacker re-bailed into November, police confirm
- 2 Fond farewell to Sweetland's butchers after 69 years in the trade
- 3 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 4 Wethersfield to house nearly 3,500 prisoners in government plan
- 5 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 6 Scouts jamboree fun covers radio skills to Morse Code
- 7 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 8 Full house success: Great Dunmow's Last Night of the Proms
- 9 Hylands Park's new parking charges will be lowered, says council
- 10 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport