Spend a penny with Pudsey
STAFF at the M11 Birchanger Green Services are hoping to raise thousands of pounds for BBC Children in Need as it started its fund-raising campaign on Monday. The Welcome Break is asking customers who use the service station toilets to give spare change
STAFF at the M11 Birchanger Green Services are hoping to raise thousands of pounds for BBC Children in Need as it started its fund-raising campaign on Monday.
The Welcome Break is asking customers who use the service station toilets
to give spare change towards its' 12-month 'Spend a Penny, Spare a Penny' campaign.
A large poster with a collection tin attached has been set up in each of the main toilet areas at the service area in a bid to raise £100,000 for the charity.
Birchanger Green services site director Mike Jefferies said: "More than two million people a year visit Birchanger Green, the majority of whom use our toilets and do so completely free of charge.
"We are asking those people to put a penny into the collection tin when they use the toilet facilities, or more if they wish.
- 1 RideLondon: The Uttlesford road closures list
- 2 Extra trains to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium for Betfred Challenge Cup final
- 3 Scammer conned North Essex man out of £6,000
- 4 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 5 'Ace line' drug dealer is jailed
- 6 Dunmow Rovers Tigers Under 10s celebrate 'fantastic result'
- 7 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 8 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 9 Obituary: Michael Hitchcock was known as 'Mr Bardfield'
- 10 Dunmow Rovers Youth FC get £1,000 donation for new kits
"BBC Children in Need is our charity of the year and we are confident that our customers will support our fund-raising efforts."
Mr Jefferies added: "Their support will enable us to raise money for a fantastic charity which works to make a difference to the lives of disadvantaged children and young people in the UK."
The Welcome Break is aiming to help raise money for the UK based charity by running the year-long campaign.
BBC Children in Need Appeal takes place on November 16. Visit www.bbc.co.uk/pudsey for more information.