Spend a penny with Pudsey
STAFF at the M11 Birchanger Green Services are hoping to raise thousands of pounds for BBC Children in Need as it started its fund-raising campaign on Monday. The Welcome Break is asking customers who use the service station toilets to give spare change
STAFF at the M11 Birchanger Green Services are hoping to raise thousands of pounds for BBC Children in Need as it started its fund-raising campaign on Monday.
The Welcome Break is asking customers who use the service station toilets
to give spare change towards its' 12-month 'Spend a Penny, Spare a Penny' campaign.
A large poster with a collection tin attached has been set up in each of the main toilet areas at the service area in a bid to raise £100,000 for the charity.
You may also want to watch:
Birchanger Green services site director Mike Jefferies said: "More than two million people a year visit Birchanger Green, the majority of whom use our toilets and do so completely free of charge.
"We are asking those people to put a penny into the collection tin when they use the toilet facilities, or more if they wish.
- 1 Council agrees to 'complicated' parking charges at Hylands Park
- 2 Rural ramblers efforts for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity
- 3 Universal Credit: Help is still out there, says Essex County Council
- 4 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 5 Book exchange opens in Dunmow
- 6 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches
- 7 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 8 Tributes paid to PC Tris Baker who died in Roxwell collision
- 9 Conservative MP David Amess dies after being stabbed in Essex constituency
- 10 Hylands Park's new parking charges will be lowered, says council
"BBC Children in Need is our charity of the year and we are confident that our customers will support our fund-raising efforts."
Mr Jefferies added: "Their support will enable us to raise money for a fantastic charity which works to make a difference to the lives of disadvantaged children and young people in the UK."
The Welcome Break is aiming to help raise money for the UK based charity by running the year-long campaign.
BBC Children in Need Appeal takes place on November 16. Visit www.bbc.co.uk/pudsey for more information.