Special Constable roadshow to be held in Stansted
STANSTED Airport police station will be hosting a Special Constable roadshow on Monday April 6, from midday until 2pm.Special constables volunteer for four hours a week to provide a crucial link between the police and members of the public. Stansted Air
STANSTED Airport police station will be hosting a Special Constable roadshow on Monday April 6, from midday until 2pm.
Special constables volunteer for four hours a week to provide a crucial link between the police and members of the public.
Stansted Airport division's support manager, Insp Ian Coleman, said: "The roadshows are a great way to learn about being a special constable at Stansted.
"If you're interested in serving your community, the Essex Police Special Constabulary is a good way to learn new skills which can be used in all different areas of life."
You may also want to watch:
A special constable will face new challenges every day and really can make a difference within the community. The role is to assist the regular police force in meeting policing needs around the county.
Specials receive training to develop their skills in communication, quick-thinking, teamwork and coping with the unexpected. Once fully trained, they have the same powers as regular police officers.
- 1 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 2 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 5 New cycle network consultation announced
- 6 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 7 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 8 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
For more information, phone the Specials recruitment hotline on 01245 452277 or visit www.essex.police.co.uk/specials