Special award for out-going mayor
A SPECIAL award was presented to Cllr Frank Silver at a meeting of the Town Council on Thursday. The plaque, presented by in-coming mayor Cllr Carol James, was in recognition of the outstanding work he put into his role of town mayor despite extreme diffi
A SPECIAL award was presented to Cllr Frank Silver at a meeting of the Town Council on Thursday.
The plaque, presented by in-coming mayor Cllr Carol James, was in recognition of the outstanding work he put into his role of town mayor despite extreme difficulties in his personal life.
Cllr Silver said: "I didn't expect it at all. It was a very well kept secret. It seems everyone knew about it except for me. It was really nice to receive."
During his year as mayor, which officially ends on the same day as Tony Blair steps down as Prime Minister, June 27, Cllr Silver has raised more than
You may also want to watch:
£19,000 and nearly 50 grants have been awarded to help worthy causes in and around Dunmow.
Cllr Silver said there had been many highlights to his year.
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 3 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 4 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 5 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 6 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 7 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 8 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 9 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
"The Dunmow Carnival was fantastic. I really enjoyed myself, after all, all I had to do was sit in a car and wave," he said.
Cllr Silver added: "I have thoroughly enjoyed my time as mayor and there are some people I would like to thank for their support. They include the members of the council, town clerk Owen Wilson, my wife Blanche, and my family who have all been there to support me.