Spec-tacular sisters win national competition
TWO artistic sisters from Dunmow have shown their artistic sides by winning a national competition to design a wacky pair of glasses. Rebecca French, eight, and Charlotte French, seven, entered their designs after picking up an activity pack at Bird & Fa
TWO artistic sisters from Dunmow have shown their artistic sides by winning a national competition to design a wacky pair of glasses.
Rebecca French, eight, and Charlotte French, seven, entered their designs after picking up an activity pack at Bird & Fairley Opticians in Dunmow High Street.
Both girls said they were thrilled when they heard they had won. "We were coming home from our classes when Mummy told us we had a special letter waiting for us at home and we were both really excited," said Rebecca.
Art and design seems to be something that comes easily to the two sisters.
You may also want to watch:
After returning home with their entry forms they both raided their Mum's large art box for materials and it didn't take long for them to come up with their pictures.
Rebecca spent five minutes coming up with her design and 20 minutes putting her idea to paper.
- 1 Lionel the Giant Perch is 'the perfect addition'
- 2 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 3 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 4 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 5 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail
- 6 Lockdown easing: 'Shop abuse will not be tolerated'
- 7 They're record breakers! Self-test attracts worldwide support
- 8 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 9 Online Young Musician competition launched by Dunmow Rotarians
- 10 Doorbell crimes in Thaxted see one ‘ripped off’ before suspect flees
Whereas, Charlotte spent slightly longer designing her heart shaped glasses, and says she chose the shape "just to make it interesting".
The girls won a large Crayola art box, nearly as tall as them, suggesting that a lot of drawing will be done in the French household.