Spec-tacular sisters win national competition
TWO artistic sisters from Dunmow have shown their artistic sides by winning a national competition to design a wacky pair of glasses. Rebecca French, eight, and Charlotte French, seven, entered their designs after picking up an activity pack at Bird & Fa
TWO artistic sisters from Dunmow have shown their artistic sides by winning a national competition to design a wacky pair of glasses.
Rebecca French, eight, and Charlotte French, seven, entered their designs after picking up an activity pack at Bird & Fairley Opticians in Dunmow High Street.
Both girls said they were thrilled when they heard they had won. "We were coming home from our classes when Mummy told us we had a special letter waiting for us at home and we were both really excited," said Rebecca.
Art and design seems to be something that comes easily to the two sisters.
After returning home with their entry forms they both raided their Mum's large art box for materials and it didn't take long for them to come up with their pictures.
Rebecca spent five minutes coming up with her design and 20 minutes putting her idea to paper.
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 3 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 4 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 5 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
- 6 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 7 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 8 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 9 110 homes near Stansted Airport: design and details approved
- 10 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
Whereas, Charlotte spent slightly longer designing her heart shaped glasses, and says she chose the shape "just to make it interesting".
The girls won a large Crayola art box, nearly as tall as them, suggesting that a lot of drawing will be done in the French household.