Songwriter in tour of gyms
JOANNA Eden, the singer and songwriter from Saffron Walden, took her Songs of Motherhood tour to Saffron Walden and Dunmow s leisure centres on Monday. The tour in which she is travelling around the county to play to parents in leisure centres brought her
JOANNA Eden, the singer and songwriter from Saffron Walden, took her Songs of Motherhood tour to Saffron Walden and Dunmow's leisure centres on Monday.
The tour in which she is travelling around the county to play to parents in leisure centres brought her to the Lord Butler and Dunmow centres to play for free to mothers and fathers.
During the concert, parents were able to sit back and listen while enjoying a cup of coffee knowing their children were in the safe hands of the trained staff at the centre's crèche.
Joanna Eden said: "The tour is going down really well with people. I am hoping that Leisure Connection [the managing company of the centres] will extend the tour further across the UK as it's been such a success."
You may also want to watch:
After the show Ms Eden took time out to chat to the audience.
"I love chatting to people after the show. I was slightly concerned that they might not have been able to hear me properly but people were coming up to me and talking about my lyrics saying how they had touched them. I thought that was brilliant.
- 1 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 2 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 5 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 8 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
- 9 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 10 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
"On Friday I played at the Lord Butler Leisure Centre in Saffron Walden and a lady said to me that it's a bit like the coffee shop culture that you see on TV programmes like Friends.
"She said I was a bit like Phoebe, but quickly added 'except for you can sing in tune... and you don't play a guitar."
On Friday, June 1, Ms Eden will be performing in a Joni Mitchell concert at High Barn in Great Bardfield.
For more information go to www.high-barn.com or call 01371 811291.