Songwriter in tour of gyms
JOANNA Eden, the singer and songwriter from Saffron Walden, took her Songs of Motherhood tour to Saffron Walden and Dunmow s leisure centres on Monday. The tour in which she is travelling around the county to play to parents in leisure centres brought her
JOANNA Eden, the singer and songwriter from Saffron Walden, took her Songs of Motherhood tour to Saffron Walden and Dunmow's leisure centres on Monday.
The tour in which she is travelling around the county to play to parents in leisure centres brought her to the Lord Butler and Dunmow centres to play for free to mothers and fathers.
During the concert, parents were able to sit back and listen while enjoying a cup of coffee knowing their children were in the safe hands of the trained staff at the centre's crèche.
Joanna Eden said: "The tour is going down really well with people. I am hoping that Leisure Connection [the managing company of the centres] will extend the tour further across the UK as it's been such a success."
You may also want to watch:
After the show Ms Eden took time out to chat to the audience.
"I love chatting to people after the show. I was slightly concerned that they might not have been able to hear me properly but people were coming up to me and talking about my lyrics saying how they had touched them. I thought that was brilliant.
- 1 A12 upgrade: 'The people who live here are not being considered'
- 2 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 3 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 4 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 5 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 6 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 7 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 8 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 9 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 10 Katie Price alleged assault: 32-year-old man re-bailed
"On Friday I played at the Lord Butler Leisure Centre in Saffron Walden and a lady said to me that it's a bit like the coffee shop culture that you see on TV programmes like Friends.
"She said I was a bit like Phoebe, but quickly added 'except for you can sing in tune... and you don't play a guitar."
On Friday, June 1, Ms Eden will be performing in a Joni Mitchell concert at High Barn in Great Bardfield.
For more information go to www.high-barn.com or call 01371 811291.