Snowdrop carpets mark the advent of Spring at the Gardens of Easton Lodge
THE Gardens of Easton Lodge will be opening its doors next month for the magnificent snowdrop carpets. The annual event has become a must-see feature of the garden and heralds the advent of spring. The gardens were designed by Harold Peto in the early 20
THE Gardens of Easton Lodge will be opening its doors next month for the magnificent snowdrop carpets.
The annual event has become a must-see feature of the garden and heralds the advent of spring.
The gardens were designed by Harold Peto in the early 20th century for the Countess of Warwick - "Darling Daisy" to the Prince of Wales before he became Edward VIII, though the snowdrops were planted later.
Exact opening dates will be confirmed at a later date, although there are projected times of four, possibly five, Sunday afternoons from mid February to mid March.
You may also want to watch:
An update can be obtained by calling the recorded information service on 01371 876979, online at www.eastonlodge.co.uk or by emailing email@example.com.
A volunteer team will be manning the gates and serving home made soups, hot chocolate and other drinks in the courtyard of Warwick House to sustain visitors. Opening hours will be from 12 noon to dusk (around 4pm) and entrance costs just �2.50 for adults, with admission for children free.
- 1 Thieves swap elderly hospital patient’s ‘precious’ rings with tin bands
- 2 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 3 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 5 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 6 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 7 Q&A: Former Uttlesford District Council leader Howard Rolfe
- 8 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 9 Vulnerable Uttlesford residents set for council tax rate freeze
- 10 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
The Gardens of Easton Lodge is located just outside Great Dunmow in Little Easton, off the B184 (Great Dunmow to Saffron Walden road). Follow the brown heritage signs. Nearest train stations are Stansted Airport or Braintree.