Snow forecast for the East of England
SNOW and freezing temperatures have been forecast by the Met Office across the East of England this weekend, with a risk of heavy snowfall on Monday. Today (Thursday February 18) A very frosty morning with patchy freezing fog at first. This will cl
SNOW and freezing temperatures have been forecast by the Met Office across the East of England this weekend, with a risk of heavy snowfall on Monday.
Today (Thursday February 18)
A very frosty morning with patchy freezing fog at first. This will clear slowly to leave bright or sunny intervals for a time, but outbreaks of rain, sleet or snow will spread northwards across region later. Temperatures remain cold with maximum temperature 5 �C.
You may also want to watch:
Remaining cloudy with further rain, sleet or snow in many places, the snow most likely in the north and west where some significant falls may occur. Becoming rather windy later. Minimum temperature -1 �C.
- 1 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 2 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 5 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 6 New cycle network consultation announced
- 7 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 8 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 9 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 10 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
A cold, cloudy and quite windy day with sleet or snow only clearing away eastwards slowly. Perhaps some bright or sunny spells developing in the afternoon. Maximum temperature 5 �C.
Outlook for Saturday to Monday
It will remain cold and unsettled with sunny spells and wintry showers along with frost and patchy fog night and morning. Risk of heavy snow for a time on Monday.