Sneddon plays to sell-out crowd
IT WAS standing room only at High Barn in Great Bardfield as David Sneddon, winner of BBC s Fame Academy, appeared at the venue on Saturday night (December 16). It is the second time the singer-songwriter has played at the 800-year-old barn that is fast b
IT WAS standing room only at High Barn in Great Bardfield as David Sneddon, winner of BBC's Fame Academy, appeared at the venue on Saturday night (December 16).
It is the second time the singer-songwriter has played at the 800-year-old barn that is fast becoming one of the major places for artists to perform.
Mr Sneddon played a 90-minute set comprising the hits he had after winning the reality television programme, cover versions including Elton John's Rocket Man, and new material he has written and is featured on his new EP.
"This is an amazing venue to play at," said Mr Sneddon during his performance.
You may also want to watch:
"I would rather play here than Wembley. The sound is fantastic. I love it."
The performance was very much stripped down with only two musicians on stage: Mr Sneddon on the High Barn's grand piano, Sophie, and a guitarist.
- 1 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 2 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 3 Tens of thousands of pounds worth of horse riding gear stolen in High Easter
- 4 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 5 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 6 'This is my life version 2.0' - Doctor marks Covid anniversary with fundraising efforts
- 7 Rise in dog thefts during lockdown, says charity
- 8 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 9 April 12: Five pub gardens and five shops you can visit in Uttlesford
- 10 New Dunmow school approved but safety fears aired
James Munson, an engineer at the venue, said: "The crowd loved him. He's a very talented performer and he played a great set that obviously went down well with the audience."
Joanna Eden from Saffron Walden supplied the support act who played a 30-minute set of songs described as a mix between jazz and pop.