Slimming World manager Beats the Stars, says Radio One DJ Vernon Kay
A SLIMMING World district manager celebrated the slimming club s 40th anniversary in style by cuddling up to top television and radio presenter Vernon Kay at the company s annual awards ceremony. Mandy Knapp, who manages groups in the Dunmow area, met V
A SLIMMING World district manager celebrated the slimming club's 40th anniversary in style by cuddling up to top television and radio presenter Vernon Kay at the company's annual awards ceremony.
Mandy Knapp, who manages groups in the Dunmow area, met Vernon at Slimming World's glitzy event to celebrate the achievements of the most successful slimmers. The Radio One DJ, who also presents ITV1 shows Family Fortunes and Beat the Star, joined Slimming World's founder and chairman Margaret Miles-Bramwell to host the event in Birmingham.
Mandy said: "Meeting Vernon was a wonderful way to end what's been a fabulous Ruby anniversary year. At the Slimming World groups in my area we've had a great time celebrating throughout 2009 and we're going to keep that buzz and excitement going right through 2010 so we can help even more people to lose weight and improve their health.
"This January I'm sure there are thousands of people out there making New Year's resolutions and pledging to lose weight. I want them to know that at Slimming World you can lose weight while still filling up with "proper" food like pasta, rice, potatoes, fruit and veg, fish, poultry and lean meat, so there's no need to ever go hungry, and at every group you'll find a room full of friendly and like-minded people ready to welcome you warmly and support you all the way to a new, slimmer you."
You may also want to watch:
For more information about Slimming World or to find your nearest group visit www.slimmingworld.com or call 0844 897 8000.
- 1 School thanks 'Super Trouper' Carol
- 2 WATCH: Thaxted Morris Men dance together again
- 3 More than 200 people join the search for missing A120 cat, Daisy
- 4 School class in Dunmow wins national award
- 5 Garden restoration project joy after public appeal help
- 6 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 7 Incredible undefeated season at first time of asking for Dunmow Rovers U7 Tigers
- 8 Essex's Ben Maher takes Tokyo 2020 gold
- 9 In pictures: Post box knitting celebrates Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Tom Daley
- 10 Rain thwarts Aythorpe Roding's title charge but High Roding at the double again