Slimming group helps Dunmow couple shed the pounds after post-wedding indulging
- Credit: Archant
A Dunmow couple who piled on the pounds after getting married have managed to get trim again thanks to a local slimming group.
Lydia and Dean Chandler gained almost five stone between them in just 12 months after their wedding, but struggled to lose the extra weight with fad diets and detoxes.
“Eating out and spending time in the pub piled on the pounds for both of us and I began to feel awful, my clothes stopped fitting, my self-confidence was waning,” Lydia said.
The couple soon discovered a local slimming group though, and, after just a week of changing how they cook meals, started to shift the extra pounds.
“Myself and Dean have really changed our relationship with food and feel so much better and like ourselves again.”
You may also want to watch:
Lydia is now training to become a Slimming World consultant and will take over the Finchingfield group on July 19.
The group meets every Wednesday at 7.30pm, and for more, call 07842 665412.
- 1 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 2 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 3 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 4 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 5 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Summer art competition for children launched by school
- 9 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 10 New cycle network consultation announced