Slimming group helps Dunmow couple shed the pounds after post-wedding indulging
- Credit: Archant
A Dunmow couple who piled on the pounds after getting married have managed to get trim again thanks to a local slimming group.
Lydia and Dean Chandler gained almost five stone between them in just 12 months after their wedding, but struggled to lose the extra weight with fad diets and detoxes.
“Eating out and spending time in the pub piled on the pounds for both of us and I began to feel awful, my clothes stopped fitting, my self-confidence was waning,” Lydia said.
The couple soon discovered a local slimming group though, and, after just a week of changing how they cook meals, started to shift the extra pounds.
“Myself and Dean have really changed our relationship with food and feel so much better and like ourselves again.”
You may also want to watch:
Lydia is now training to become a Slimming World consultant and will take over the Finchingfield group on July 19.
The group meets every Wednesday at 7.30pm, and for more, call 07842 665412.
- 1 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 2 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 3 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 4 Hot lunches to support more vulnerable in community
- 5 Seventh flood in Great Bardfield breaks pavement
- 6 Dolly the pig gets help after getting stuck in the mud
- 7 Man jailed for at least 18 years after murdering partner out of jealousy
- 8 Swan Inn customers support the foodbank
- 9 Former POW camp on council heritage list
- 10 Work placements for almost 200 ARU student nurses