Slimmer cuddles up to TV presenter Justin Lee Collins at glitzy event
A DUNMOW woman got some TLC from JLC when she cuddled up to the comedian at Slimming World’s annual awards ceremony to celebrate its most successful slimmers.
Mandy Knapp, who manages Slimming World groups in Dunmow, was thrilled to meet funny man and TV presenter Justin Lee Collins at the glitzy event in Birmingham.
Mr Collins, who’s best known for presenting TV shows including The Sunday Night Project, Justin Lee Collins: Good Times and the Bring Back series, joined Slimming World’s founder Margaret Miles-Bramwell OBE to host the ceremony.
He said: “The whole experience blew me away! What’s great is it’s about ordinary people who’ve achieved something truly extraordinary.
“I met some really inspirational people. Not only the slimmers who collected awards for losing weight and changing their lives, but also the amazing people like Mandy who run and manage the groups and support them along their journey.
“I know only too well that slimming isn’t easy. Having a great support network around you makes all the difference. Having met Mandy I think people in Dunmow are incredibly lucky to have so many great Slimming World groups on their doorstep.”
Ms Knapp said: “Meeting Justin Lee Collins was the perfect ending to what’s been another amazing year for Slimming World.
- 1 A giant snail, sporting success and live music: school news
- 2 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 3 Hannah Mortier returns to boxing to raise awareness of the fight against domestic violence
- 4 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
- 5 Visit Great Yarmouth for a family staycation
- 6 Life-saving kit that residents hope they will never use
- 7 Aythorpe Roding come up short in league opener
- 8 Stebbing Tractor Run: This is the new route for 2022
- 9 Dunmow Velo: New group ride for beginners as RideLondon due
- 10 How to celebrate the Queen's Platinum Jubilee in Essex
“This year has seen us open our 7000th group and welcome over a million members, both of which are huge milestones.
“And with the highest levels of obesity in Europe here in the UK there’s still a lot of work to be done and in 2011 we want to help even more people improve their health – and their families’ health too.
“And so many of our members tell us that’s exactly what happens when they discover new healthy habits at Slimming World – they share them at home and everyone benefits.
“At this time of year lots of people will be pledging to slim down and shape up, and we’d love anyone who wants to make their New Year’s resolution a reality to come join us at any of the Slimming World groups in Dunmow. Even if they’ve struggled to stick to resolutions in the past, there’s no need to be put off.”
She added: There’s nothing like the fun and warmth of a Slimming World group to make sure your New Year’s resolution lasts a lifetime.”
To get your new year off to a super slimming start call visit slimmingworld.com to find your nearest Slimming World group.