Six people arrested after two men are stabbed in Braintree
SIX people have been arrested in Braintree after two men were stabbed earlier today (Wednesday).
Police were called to Fore Field, just before 1pm following reports of disorder in the road and criminal damage being caused to a vehicle by a woman, and two men.
Officers attended at the scene and discovered two men, who are not believed to have been involved in the criminal damage, had also been assaulted. Both men suffered stab wounds and have been taken to hospital for treatment to serious injuries.
Officers have arrested six people, three men and three women, who have been taken to Braintree, Chelmsford and Colchester police stations for interview. They were arrested for offences of affray and GBH.
Police enquiries are continuing, and a number of scenes have been cordoned off for forensic analysis.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives are appealing for any witnesses to the incidents in Fore Field, who they have not yet spoken with to contact Braintree CID on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 2 Dunmow businesses delighted to be back as lockdown eases
- 3 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 4 Prince Philip death: Uttlesford service and Garden of Remembrance
- 5 Lionel the Giant Perch is 'the perfect addition'
- 6 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 7 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 8 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 9 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 10 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail