Six people arrested after two men are stabbed in Braintree
SIX people have been arrested in Braintree after two men were stabbed earlier today (Wednesday).
Police were called to Fore Field, just before 1pm following reports of disorder in the road and criminal damage being caused to a vehicle by a woman, and two men.
Officers attended at the scene and discovered two men, who are not believed to have been involved in the criminal damage, had also been assaulted. Both men suffered stab wounds and have been taken to hospital for treatment to serious injuries.
Officers have arrested six people, three men and three women, who have been taken to Braintree, Chelmsford and Colchester police stations for interview. They were arrested for offences of affray and GBH.
Police enquiries are continuing, and a number of scenes have been cordoned off for forensic analysis.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives are appealing for any witnesses to the incidents in Fore Field, who they have not yet spoken with to contact Braintree CID on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Former Felsted schoolboy who broke back twice wins Tokyo bronze
- 3 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 4 Essex BMX star wins Olympic gold
- 5 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 6 Dog whose owner moved away without her is featured on TV
- 7 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 8 Uttlesford action against speeding and anti-social behaviour
- 9 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
- 10 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'