Six people arrested after two men are stabbed in Braintree
SIX people have been arrested in Braintree after two men were stabbed earlier today (Wednesday).
Police were called to Fore Field, just before 1pm following reports of disorder in the road and criminal damage being caused to a vehicle by a woman, and two men.
Officers attended at the scene and discovered two men, who are not believed to have been involved in the criminal damage, had also been assaulted. Both men suffered stab wounds and have been taken to hospital for treatment to serious injuries.
Officers have arrested six people, three men and three women, who have been taken to Braintree, Chelmsford and Colchester police stations for interview. They were arrested for offences of affray and GBH.
Police enquiries are continuing, and a number of scenes have been cordoned off for forensic analysis.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives are appealing for any witnesses to the incidents in Fore Field, who they have not yet spoken with to contact Braintree CID on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 2 Hot lunches to support more vulnerable in community
- 3 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 4 Seventh flood in Great Bardfield breaks pavement
- 5 Dolly the pig gets help after getting stuck in the mud
- 6 Swan Inn customers support the foodbank
- 7 Former POW camp on council heritage list
- 8 Man jailed for at least 18 years after murdering partner out of jealousy
- 9 Try this at home: Chef Webb from MasterChef's latest recipe
- 10 Grandmother rescued from muddy field in Little Bardfield