Singles club for travellers
A TRAVEL agent is starting a singles club for travellers who are tired or nervous about holidaying alone.
Dalton Travel, in Dunmow High Street, will be organising a get-together once a month for people of all ages where tour operators will come in and talk about a specific destination.
Proprietor Suda Gray said it is “not about selling holidays” but more about providing a service to single people.
“The operators are not going to come and sell holidays. Each meeting will involve a talk so people can hear about different parts of the world,” she said.
“We get so many people come in here saying that want to go on holiday but don’t want to go on their own. That’s where the idea started.
“We met a travel agent from Bath who runs a similar group which started small but it now has close to 100 members.”
Dalton employee Kate Johnson told the Broadcast that what the firm is proposing is not a “typical singles club”.
- 1 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 2 Hannah Mortier returns to boxing to raise awareness of the fight against domestic violence
- 3 A giant snail, sporting success and live music: school news
- 4 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
- 5 Visit Great Yarmouth for a family staycation
- 6 Life-saving kit that residents hope they will never use
- 7 Dunmow pilots airlift medical aid to help Ukraine
- 8 Dunmow Velo: New group ride for beginners as RideLondon due
- 9 Musical theatre stars to bring the West End to Saffron Walden in celebration of Rodgers & Hammerstein
- 10 Stebbing Tractor Run: This is the new route for 2022
“The aim is to give single travellers and people interested in travelling an opportunity to meet and hopefully offer and organise travel for the single client if they wish,” she said.
“I am hoping that maybe we can organise small groups for single travellers.”
For more information call Dalton Travel on 01371 873011.