Singles club for travellers
A TRAVEL agent is starting a singles club for travellers who are tired or nervous about holidaying alone.
Dalton Travel, in Dunmow High Street, will be organising a get-together once a month for people of all ages where tour operators will come in and talk about a specific destination.
Proprietor Suda Gray said it is “not about selling holidays” but more about providing a service to single people.
“The operators are not going to come and sell holidays. Each meeting will involve a talk so people can hear about different parts of the world,” she said.
“We get so many people come in here saying that want to go on holiday but don’t want to go on their own. That’s where the idea started.
You may also want to watch:
“We met a travel agent from Bath who runs a similar group which started small but it now has close to 100 members.”
Dalton employee Kate Johnson told the Broadcast that what the firm is proposing is not a “typical singles club”.
- 1 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 2 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 3 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 4 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 5 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 6 Doorbell crimes in Thaxted see one ‘ripped off’ before suspect flees
- 7 Rise in dog thefts during lockdown, says charity
- 8 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 9 New Dunmow school approved but safety fears aired
- 10 April 12: Five pub gardens and five shops you can visit in Uttlesford
“The aim is to give single travellers and people interested in travelling an opportunity to meet and hopefully offer and organise travel for the single client if they wish,” she said.
“I am hoping that maybe we can organise small groups for single travellers.”
For more information call Dalton Travel on 01371 873011.