Singles club for travellers
A TRAVEL agent is starting a singles club for travellers who are tired or nervous about holidaying alone.
Dalton Travel, in Dunmow High Street, will be organising a get-together once a month for people of all ages where tour operators will come in and talk about a specific destination.
Proprietor Suda Gray said it is “not about selling holidays” but more about providing a service to single people.
“The operators are not going to come and sell holidays. Each meeting will involve a talk so people can hear about different parts of the world,” she said.
“We get so many people come in here saying that want to go on holiday but don’t want to go on their own. That’s where the idea started.
You may also want to watch:
“We met a travel agent from Bath who runs a similar group which started small but it now has close to 100 members.”
Dalton employee Kate Johnson told the Broadcast that what the firm is proposing is not a “typical singles club”.
- 1 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 2 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 3 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 4 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 5 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 6 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 7 Broomfield staff facing a 'battlefield scenario' in Covid fight
- 8 Dozens of illegal fishing nets and traps seized during pandemic
- 9 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 10 Seventh flood in Great Bardfield breaks pavement
“The aim is to give single travellers and people interested in travelling an opportunity to meet and hopefully offer and organise travel for the single client if they wish,” she said.
“I am hoping that maybe we can organise small groups for single travellers.”
For more information call Dalton Travel on 01371 873011.