Singles club for travellers
A TRAVEL agent is starting a singles club for travellers who are tired or nervous about holidaying alone.
Dalton Travel, in Dunmow High Street, will be organising a get-together once a month for people of all ages where tour operators will come in and talk about a specific destination.
Proprietor Suda Gray said it is “not about selling holidays” but more about providing a service to single people.
“The operators are not going to come and sell holidays. Each meeting will involve a talk so people can hear about different parts of the world,” she said.
“We get so many people come in here saying that want to go on holiday but don’t want to go on their own. That’s where the idea started.
You may also want to watch:
“We met a travel agent from Bath who runs a similar group which started small but it now has close to 100 members.”
Dalton employee Kate Johnson told the Broadcast that what the firm is proposing is not a “typical singles club”.
- 1 Former POW camp on council heritage list
- 2 Trees are planted in Great Bardfield
- 3 Grandmother rescued from muddy field in Little Bardfield
- 4 The benefits of the great outdoors
- 5 Covid jabs have started at Broomfield Hospital's Vaccination Hub
- 6 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 7 Surgeon wins top award for hip research
- 8 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 9 The Maltings – where would be we without our Friends?
- 10 Stations benefit from funding
“The aim is to give single travellers and people interested in travelling an opportunity to meet and hopefully offer and organise travel for the single client if they wish,” she said.
“I am hoping that maybe we can organise small groups for single travellers.”
For more information call Dalton Travel on 01371 873011.