Showgirls help fill hospice coffers
SUPPORT from a Dunmow based company has helped an event exceed all expectations in helping to raise £50,000 for St Clare Hospice in Hastingwood. The sixth St Clare Hospice Ball was organised by Daniel Robinson & Sons funeral directors and took place at th
SUPPORT from a Dunmow based company has helped an event exceed all expectations in helping to raise £50,000 for St Clare Hospice in Hastingwood.
The sixth St Clare Hospice Ball was organised by Daniel Robinson & Sons funeral directors and took place at the Radisson Hotel, Stansted Airport, on November 24 but the money has only just
Daniel Robinson & Sons managing director Gary Neill was delighted with the success of the event.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "This is the last ball we will be organising and we are thrilled to have raised £50,000 this year, it brings our total fund-raising for St Clare Hospice to £350,000 over 12 years."
More than 250 guests enjoyed a meal while being entertained by jugglers, magicians and dancers before a charity auction with lots ranging from a Lewis Hamilton singed mobile phone to flights to New York.
- 1 School thanks 'Super Trouper' Carol
- 2 WATCH: Thaxted Morris Men dance together again
- 3 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 4 More than 200 people join the search for missing A120 cat, Daisy
- 5 School class in Dunmow wins national award
- 6 Incredible undefeated season at first time of asking for Dunmow Rovers U7 Tigers
- 7 Garden restoration project joy after public appeal help
- 8 Essex's Ben Maher takes Tokyo 2020 gold
- 9 In pictures: Post box knitting celebrates Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Tom Daley
- 10 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
The ball will take place again this year, but the funeral directors have handed over the reigns to Pelly's solicitors. This will enable Mr Neill and his team to come up with new fund-raising ideas for 2008.