Showgirls help fill hospice coffers
SUPPORT from a Dunmow based company has helped an event exceed all expectations in helping to raise £50,000 for St Clare Hospice in Hastingwood. The sixth St Clare Hospice Ball was organised by Daniel Robinson & Sons funeral directors and took place at th
SUPPORT from a Dunmow based company has helped an event exceed all expectations in helping to raise £50,000 for St Clare Hospice in Hastingwood.
The sixth St Clare Hospice Ball was organised by Daniel Robinson & Sons funeral directors and took place at the Radisson Hotel, Stansted Airport, on November 24 but the money has only just
Daniel Robinson & Sons managing director Gary Neill was delighted with the success of the event.
He said: "This is the last ball we will be organising and we are thrilled to have raised £50,000 this year, it brings our total fund-raising for St Clare Hospice to £350,000 over 12 years."
More than 250 guests enjoyed a meal while being entertained by jugglers, magicians and dancers before a charity auction with lots ranging from a Lewis Hamilton singed mobile phone to flights to New York.
- 1 Dunmow's Stables Hotel could become flats as business 'no longer viable'
- 2 Thaxted community in shock after fatal house fire
- 3 'Many questions' claim as Uttlesford leader John Lodge announces resignation
- 4 Finchingfield's Bethany Shriever crowned Young Sportswoman of the Year
- 5 Dunmow TKD enjoy medal-laden trip to British Championships
- 6 In pictures: Santa's sleigh is in the Dunmow district
- 7 Great Dunmow restaurant Jalsa Ghar at the British Curry Awards
- 8 Christmas in Essex: 9 magical places to visit in winter
- 9 More jab capacity planned in North Uttlesford as Omicron variant appears
- 10 30 new homes proposed for Hatfield Broad Oak
The ball will take place again this year, but the funeral directors have handed over the reigns to Pelly's solicitors. This will enable Mr Neill and his team to come up with new fund-raising ideas for 2008.